Mosquitos...in July? is AC power 110V?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jalvare2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning for a week to an island 10 miles southeast from Belize city, shoul I carry mosquito repelent? what about jellyfish? should I also be prepared with lycra suit, or WD40?

what is the common available voltage in the hotel rooms 110V or 220?

thanks.

Yes you should pack the strongest spray for mosquitoes and sand fly's. Also the current is 110.
have fun and dive safe

Unless you are a person who gets cold easily (only you know that) you should find a Lycra suit sufficient. I'd go for a heavyweight one, which is still much lighter than any neoprene suit. A full suit is always better as it protects you from abrasions and maybe the odd small jellyfish, though the latter isn't normally a concern. Baby oil is better on your skin than WD40 if you need something. But you don't have to fly with any of this stuff - it's all readily available in most shops. You'll need to get it all before going out to the island though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom