Morrison Springs Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know some of you attended previous meetings. :yelclap: However, lots of you seem upset by this boardwalk going over the boil. You do know you could still speak with them about some design changes to benefit the people/diving community and their safety? :ne-nau: As it stands they mostly just nod their heads and agree it looks pretty. If you bring up safety and have a petition with some names... Just a thought.

A boardwalk over the boil isn't really a safety issue, its just an asthetic issue. Taking what those, who have been to the meetings, have said; they've pretty much decided what they are going to do and aren't interested in hearing out diver's perspectives.

They have a plan and are going to implement it, doesn't matter what everyone else thinks about it.

A boardwalk over the boil isn't really a safety issue, its just an asthetic issue. Taking what those, who have been to the meetings, have said; they've pretty much decided what they are going to do and aren't interested in hearing out diver's perspectives.

They have a plan and are going to implement it, doesn't matter what everyone else thinks about it.

you hit the nail on the head there.....
hammer-and-nail-smile.gif

Thanks guys for the information so far.
We are teaching a ow class this weeking and was planning Morrisons. With the construction and all will it be possible to get a 1ton truck and trailer in there close to the water or will we have to lug all the stuff from the new gate all the way to the water?
thanks for any information

mark​

From what I understand, they put a new gate up way in the back along with several no trespassing signs. There is(atleast last weekend) a barge in the basin with a crane on it. Part of the renovations are to keep people from tearing up the beach area with thier vehicles/trailers.

Morrison is gonna be flooded all to hell anyway with the recent rainstorm. River level predictions are putting it back near the 9' mark. Its better to take your OW students somewhere a bit more forgiving anyway.

I am fortunate to have gotten to dive Morrison, Little River, Devil's Eye, Blue at Madison, PeaCock, Ponce de Leon (when it had a cave), "The Siphon", Blue Hole at Itchetucknee, Ginnie and tons and tons more many times as early as 1966 (wee child). It was wonderful and exotic, Ginnie was way down a sand road in the woods, Naked was really naked, Little River was amazing. I loved diving Devil's Eye back then from the VW bus, nothing around but a few flower kids and mosquitos. Nobody to bother us. Heck, back then even the rednecks were friendly and would carry my gear for me.

I like Morrison and others still today. I hope they re-think the board walk to the boil, other than that it sounds like a nice facility as long as it remains boat and diver friendly.

N

Does this mean pilings will be driven to support the boardwalk? That, to me, seems to be over the cave and upper cavern. Any collapse issues that haven't been thought of? I would hope not, but you can never tell. Other than that I agree on the asthetic issue. I will have to take a wait and see for this reason: It is going to be done, and it may not be "all" that bad. Here's hoping. Mark

I haven't seen any recent updates at WZEP lately.

We can always ask a missing in action panhandler (PHD) to go check things out for us.

I'll shoot an email off to a commissioner friend of mine to see if she has any info on the project.

I don't know who prepared the plans for the project but I would think they would have taken into consideration the underground conditions. But then again . . . . .

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom