Morrison Springs Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pictures Grumby - many thanks!

Looking at the new parking area, will it be possible for those of us with dive trailers to park anywhere near the dive area? If not, how far away from the boat parking area will we have to be pulling our gear? Perhaps now is the time to invest in one of those gear wagons.

The place looks nice. Can you imagine since there is not going to be an entry fee as to how many swimmers there are going to be? I'll have to take my spear off my spear gun and have a lil bottom time fun poking the inner tubes.

Thanks again,

Ken

Great pictures Grumby - many thanks!

Looking at the new parking area, will it be possible for those of us with dive trailers to park anywhere near the dive area? If not, how far away from the boat parking area will we have to be pulling our gear? Perhaps now is the time to invest in one of those gear wagons.

Ken

The Upper Paking lot is where the dive trailers will have be parked. The boat trailers will park over at the boat ramp (about a 1/2 mile drve through the woods). The walk from the upper lot to the dive dock is quite a hike.

I would highly recommend a war-wagon.

I remember seeing somewhere Ken that they were going to have parking for Buses, mostly for use by school buses for school children coming out for nature interpretive programs, but I don't see why it couldn't be used for truck/dive-trailer parking.

Looking at the pics, it' looks nice, but I'm surprised they used brick pavers.....

I'm also surprised about the gear rinse station. It's a nice feature, but the walking space around it is a little narrow (from the pic).

Hopefully they'll have it open soon.

The "Upper Parking" lot looks to me like it would be appropriate for Bus (or longer set-ups) parking.

As for the Gear Rinse station, someone needs to get a longer hose and donate it. That short hose won't even reach the middle of the table.

I called today and they are saying that they now hope to have Morrison open by October 1st. We'll be at Vortex this weekend and I plan to drive over to Morrison on Friday and check things out. From the pictures I've seen everything looks great. I guess now I'll have to go back in October...darn.

Thanks Capt Grumby for taking the time and giving all of us the great pics of Morrison Spring. I am really amazed at the work they did to the area. It really looks nice. With the reduction in mud and not having to enter in the shallows I think the visibilty should stay better than it was even with students in the water. It will be great to hit that during the week with few people there.

One of the nicest dives I have had is one day in the middle of the week, SeaYoda and I got the spring to ourselves. The water was perfect on a cool fall day....Good Memories! Ready to make some more memories.

Thanks Capt Grumby for taking the time and giving all of us the great pics of Morrison Spring. I am really amazed at the work they did to the area. It really looks nice. With the reduction in mud and not having to enter in the shallows I think the visibilty should stay better than it was even with students in the water. It will be great to hit that during the week with few people there.

Good pics Capt Grumby!

I'm still not happy that the site was "improved", I'd rather be parking in the sand near the springs for an easy walk, surrounded by a little less "extra stuff".

I guess we'll see how it looks at Vortoberfest!

Any mud stirred up by entering in the shallow areas(mostly too shallow to swim in) will be negligable compared to the silt that will explode under people giant striding into the basin itself from the floating platform.

Its a nice park, but I don't think it was necessary... at all :(

who says you have to giant stride just fall backwards :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom