Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, some clown messed with that sign and if you look through the trees you can see the floating dock that is where the diving area is located on the other side of the springs.

We are being kept out of the boating area, sounds like a safe thing to do. Probably why the ramp was moved down stream a little... but what will keep them out of OUR area of the spring...so we are kept safe? A floating barrier.... A sign or something?

Yeah, we've swam past that boat launch on several occasions long before it had concrete and long before Morrison transformed into Chucky Cheese :)

Yeah, we've swam past that boat launch on several occasions long before it had concrete and long before Morrison transformed into Chucky Cheese :)

c'mon, you saw the photos I took.

Sure, it's cleaner, and you can get to it without the bark of trees removing the paint from your vehicle, but there are some neat looking trails that used to lead to it, that branch off from the modernized road...

Emailed my state legislator. They said that some construction remains and water testing. Park cant open till state OKs. Samples were sent 3 months ago. They're going to follow up with DEP and see whats what.

c'mon, you saw the photos I took.

Sure, it's cleaner, and you can get to it without the bark of trees removing the paint from your vehicle, but there are some neat looking trails that used to lead to it, that branch off from the modernized road...

For cry'in out loud folks..monkeyboy isn't trying to keep it to himself...democracy is democracy...let the wheels turn....we will get in there with time...let it be legal

Follow up from legislator. Water tests have been completed. They failed. Drinking water is unsafe. THey are looking at opening the park Feb 1 without drinking water. Crossing fingers.

I went in ther ea few weeks ago, when there were crews present, they did not run me off. JUst told me to be carefull.

I went down a couple of days ago, water way to high, five trucks of workers, decided not to go in there.

Always launched from the new ramp or the one 2 miles downstream. Morrison was always too busy with people or the water was low. I wouldhave to back in until the water was above the doors and then climb out the rear window, so not to flood the truck.

I will b e going down in an hours or so. I will launch the boat and check out the area, and do a little fishing

The fishing never was any good in the head spring. the water was too clear. SOme reason it is very tough to catch fish in clear water.

Back
Top Bottom