Morrison Springs 4-22-6 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven't had as much time this week to check out ScubaBoard. Didn't realize I had questions directed to me.

I know how to get to Morrison Springs. My very first dive was there. Plus I used to live in and work for Walton County.

Unfortunately my diving is limited to weekends. Although, if I have a hearing in DFS I could say that it went way long and sneak off. :)

All you need is weekends :wink: ~100 dives last year, just on weekends :D

I do most of my diving on Saturdays and the odd weekday when I have to work weekends.

Weekends are good. If I do sites like Morrison or Vortex on the weekend I do them early.
I got a replacement for my old boat, old one now for sale $1000.00, 15 ' bass boat with 80HP Merc.

I had the new one on the Choc yesterday, found the spring I was looking for 3 years ago. Plan to dive it today. It is only about 25' across. Looks like a mini Ginnie or Cypress. It looks deep with a powerful blue ,.bubbling boil.

My Hit Cypress Sunday, maybe not. Expect to see a lot of people there. Probably leave it for Monday afterwork dive.

Anyone know what the water levels are like on the mill Pond Run? I have not been on it in a couple of years, may try it Sunday.

Blew a gasket on the scuba compressor yesterday, need to get the back up up. All I have to do is fit filtration. Anyone into fabing high pressure lines?

I officially became certified today. :) Big grin. Best thing I've done for ME since my ex threw me out of the house.

Oh, I've already learned the benefits of being the early bird. We were to Morrison by 8:30 one Sunday and it was nice and quiet. And the place we went to today so that I could do the skills had great visibility for the two of us. When we were getting out of the water, there were two dive classes heading in. The visibility probably was going to go to pot quick.

Now I have to go mow the grass. :(

ScubaKris:
Weekends are good. If I do sites like Morrison or Vortex on the weekend I do them early.
I got a replacement for my old boat, old one now for sale $1000.00, 15 ' bass boat with 80HP Merc.

I had the new one on the Choc yesterday, found the spring I was looking for 3 years ago. Plan to dive it today. It is only about 25' across. Looks like a mini Ginnie or Cypress. It looks deep with a powerful blue ,.bubbling boil.

My Hit Cypress Sunday, maybe not. Expect to see a lot of people there. Probably leave it for Monday afterwork dive.

Anyone know what the water levels are like on the mill Pond Run? I have not been on it in a couple of years, may try it Sunday.

Blew a gasket on the scuba compressor yesterday, need to get the back up up. All I have to do is fit filtration. Anyone into fabing high pressure lines?

We're diving Cypress next Sunday, if you'd like to join us. I'm sure there will be several locals ontop, but I've only come across other divers once while onsite. Probably gonna launch from the Culpepper launch around 9AM.

Care to share a bit more info on the other spring you found on the Choc? Local name? Depth? OW? Cavern/Cave? Typical visibility?

Dunno about depths on the Mill Pond Run, but the pond itself is 5-10' deep on average if I remember correctly.

Have you ever dived any of the other springs off Holmes Creek besides Becton/Magnolia and Cypress? I've heard Hightower is diveable from locals, but the info I've found online makes it look more like just a blue water swimming hole - shallow.

kchFLA:
I officially became certified today. :)

Congratulations! No excuses not to join us now :)

kchFLA:
I officially became certified today. :) Big grin...
Welcome to the wet side! Now you just have to set aside the time to play in the pond as much as possible and spend lots of money on gear :D.

How do you stop a lawyer from drowning,...take your foot off his head.

Hightower is a little wadding pond the last tiemI stopped by, It's off to the side of the launch.
Not sure on the details of the spring. I did not get to it yesterday, I pulled apart my compressor and had to go get a part. I proably will not make it up there today. I want to put the compressor back together and do some work in the shop.

kch where did you certifiy at. That's a good pole. Where did you do your training and certification dives?

My first training dive was a camping trip somewhere North of San Francisco, collected Abolone. Certification dive was Monteray Bay, (red tide beach) Southern CA

I need to sell a couple of compressors if anyone is looking, one is on a smal trailer

Next Sunday, if all goes well, will camp at Port St Joe. Anyone done any diving there. This trip will fishing and recon of dive sites. I will take a setup, not really planning dives, plan to burn a lot of gas with the view bucket

I trained at the Scuba Shop in Ft. Walton Beach. Naui certification. I was the only one who signed up for the class so I had individual instruction at group rates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom