Morehead City CCR support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Asheron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all, is anyone aware of where to get CCR support for diving around Morehead City NC? We would need 3 sets of cylinders and sorbet.

We would like to dive U-352 and other wrecks. Also if another location is better to be based out of let us know.

Olympus runs a top-notch operation and supports CCR. Give them a call.

Does Olympus have sorb and rebreather cylinders now?

A couple years ago I used them and had to bring my own cylinders (actually shipped them ahead of time due to timing) and had a friend lug a keg of sorb around the country in his motorhome. Olympus did boost O2. I don't recall any Helium being available.

Olympus does NOT source scrubber. I was there last week asking. They do not rent 2L/3L bottles either, but they will fill them if you have them. Their requirements for boat diving CCR can be considered high, you must have 50 hours on the unit you will be diving. They cater to primarily OC patrons and you will be required to dive a OC profile that is pretty deep (i.e. short bottom time).

Olympus does NOT source scrubber. I was there last week asking. They do not rent 2L/3L bottles either, but they will fill them if you have them. Their requirements for boat diving CCR can be considered high, you must have 50 hours on the unit you will be diving. They cater to primarily OC patrons and you will be required to dive a OC profile that is pretty deep (i.e. short bottom time).
Sounds like things have not changed. Don't remember the 50 hour min when I ran them back in 2019, so maybe that is new. They did fill O2, and air (no sign of Helium). They had a AL63 with DIN I rented as a bail out. At the time the standard AL80 rentals were yoke. Not sure if that has changed in the past 4 years. I could stretch the standard OC dive profile a little bit. Early in, late out and not be an issue. Gain a fair bit of bottom time over the bubble blowers. Not a hard core CCR dive, but got me some nice warm water CCR experience.

This is where I would like to have a mini-keg of sorb for travel. Was there for 4 days. Thankfully a friend was traveling by motorhome had space to haul a keg for me. Not use how else I would have worked it out without him doing that for me.

Hello all, is anyone aware of where to get CCR support for diving around Morehead City NC? We would need 3 sets of cylinders and sorbet.

We would like to dive U-352 and other wrecks. Also if another location is better to be based out of let us know.

All the above being said, I'm looking for other CCR divers in the area to tag along with. If you do make it this way and have room for someone else, please let me know. I'm happy to pay my own way, its just hard to find and coordinate diving sometimes.

I own and operate Salty Dog Diving out of Beaufort NC. While I don’t rent 2 or 3l tanks I can sell sorb if prearranged. I keep Sofnolime on hand. I don’t get on here much. A call text or Facebook message is the best way to get me

If you want to tech diving out of Morehead, link up with a shop that does tech diving tours. That way you're not stuck with rec divers on short and deep profiles. Paging @stuartv.

I am running a 4 day trip, diving with Olympus. Sept 22-25. I have the whole boat (the Olympus) booked for that Sat and Sun, and a number of seats on Fri and Mon, but not the whole boat.

I have open seats for all days.

If any CCR divers want to dive with me on that trip, I can potentially bring cylinders and sorb for you, including BO cylinders. I expect to be diving my rEvo.

Olympus can do O2 fills and they have air for dil.

The dives will all be recreational depths and NDL diving. If you want trimix for dil, I can probably also bring that for you. But, depths will generally not exceed about 115'.

Anything like that needs to be arranged with me well in advance. Last minute requests for cylinders, sorb, etc. may or may not be able to be accommodated.

Reactions: OTF
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom