MORE UGLY COMING

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can we get back to Dave's Ugly?

Anyone remember the last time they halted ferry service due to weather? Wondering if Saturday is a possibility.

I doubt it, usually takes a hurricane, although they may use shallow draft old boats to deal with dips in the waves while at docks.

Dave Dillehay

Anyone remember the last time they halted ferry service due to weather? Wondering if Saturday is a possibility.

I seen some video from last year maybe even springtime - holy Moses were the those boats bouncing up and down while pulling away from the dock - looked scary!!

Yea, seen those videos! Probably everyone had a seasick bag in use on that day!

I don't know the last time but our first time in Cozumel we flew in from Playa in a Cessna because the ferry wasn't running. Late in the afternoon they ran an old ferry back, one trip. Of course this was in 1996.

I'm assuming the port is open today?

It was, just heard from an owner that it was closing at 3:30 in anticipation of the incoming weather.

Sure would be nice to know if the crazy harbor master is gonna close it Sunday as well, just for the hell of it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom