More help with gear please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh ok!!Cool. I mean, not cool that you were chilly but cool that I'm probably picking the right suit by going with the 5mm pinnacle.

Oh ok!!Cool. I mean, not cool that you were chilly but cool that I'm probably picking the right suit by going with the 5mm pinnacle.

Good choice.

And remember, at least with a wetsuit if you are too warm you can just let a little water trickle in through the neck seal by gently tugging on it.... but if you are too cold there is nothing you can do about it.

Better to be too warm :D

Best wishes.

Edit: We are having a "La Nina" wether pattern this year, with water temperatures a bit cooler than normal. Bottom temp in Hilo a few days ago was 73 deg., with the low temp during the dive 71 deg (lots of freshwater springs near shore that drop the ocean temp until you get into slightly deeper water).

Edit 2: I currently use a 5mm hood, but this is a bit "overkill", and is a real pain on the surface because I end up talking way too loud (because it is hard to hear anything with the hood on) :rofl3: ..... My wife just rolls her eyes at me and tells me to stop shouting....until she puts HER hood on, then we sound like a typical married couple as we gear-up (shouting at each other :rofl3: ).

Anyway back to the original question, I beleive the Pinnacle Fusion 5/4MM Merino Lined suit would be an excellent choice. Several of my friends have been diving here in SE Florida during the winter months (66%-72%) and were toasty in their 3MM Merino lined Pinnacle suits...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom