More Fin Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey there LadyIce...
I have a pair quattros, they seem to work well, without complaints, about scratching though, I have used mine snorkeling quite a bit, in shallow areas in a lake. From Standing on the rocks, they have become scratched, so if looks are importants, they may not be your first choice. Another thing, depending on your physical characteristics, you may find that they are too much work to push through the water. That was one of the reasons I got them, is so that I could move on the surface quickly. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for all the replys from everyone. Kind of answers the question then adds another in its place. From what I have read on this board as well as the responses to my question, I guest the best thing for me to do is find someone with the fins and ask if I could try them and see what I think of them. But all in all I'm now down to just two kinds. The Quattros and the Volos.

Thanks
LadyIce

If you are serious about buying, I'm sure a local shop might have slightly used pairs on hand that you might be able to try out in a pool to help make your decision.

Thanks large_diver
I'll stop by a few shops on my way home from work and see if I can't arrenge something for maybe this weekend or next week.

LadyIce

I bought the Quattros and loved them so much I bought a pair for my wife.
They have a VERY wide foot pocket. Great buckles. They are stiff enough to fight with against a current but flexible enough for those long, slow kicks used in free diving. They do scratch up a bit -but so what?
They are very cheap at www.DiveInn.com that's where I got mine.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom