Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Breakwater Wednesday and Thursday. Vis was amazing. Best vis was shallow and at least 40ft both days. Depth vis was 30ish both days. Traffic was pretty light too.

North Monastery was much the same, though about 8-9 meters of visibility . . .

Very quiet out there. The post-apocalyptic novels that I read as a kid were not lying, heh, heh, heh . . .

With the shelter in place allowing for going on a hike or outside to a park, does that mean we can still dive but no buddy breathing?

I'm being completely serious here, although looks like I wont be diving anytime soon.

A couple years ago, I swapped my regs out to a primary donate setup.

Should I change back to the traditional set up? I mean, I've never had to donate ever, but if I did, would you want to be taking the reg from my mouth?

EDIT I created a thread in Basic Scuba, as that may be a better place to discuss as opposed to hijacking this thread..

I'm being completely serious here, although looks like I wont be diving anytime soon.

A couple years ago, I swapped my regs out to a primary donate setup.

Should I change back to the traditional set up? I mean, I've never had to donate ever, but if I did, would you want to be taking the reg from my mouth?
No

Back to the thread at hand -- North Monastery had a good 10 meters of visibility -- even more, near the splash rock yesterday.

Few thorazine zombies seen, during this "pocky-clypse," as my niece is fond of saying . . .

Monterey and San Benito counties have, as of today, instituted "piss and moan," "stop and frisk," "shelter in place" -- whatever they wish to call it -- the mass closure of most every business that doesn't inquire about a side of fries.

Drank coffee the wrong way this morning; got a coughing fit; and almost cleared a local Trader Joe's.

Got air fills and grabbed a few others as "long-term" rentals. Those headed to the coast may wish to call about current conditions -- both the surf; that, and the end of days . . .

Back
Top Bottom