Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove copper house early am. Didn't know the that well and some idiocy on my part I sued. Best vis at around 40ft deftness maybe 30ft. It came and went and was pretty dark in the kelp forest due to the cloud cover.
It was pretty surgy until you hit around 30ft depth and even then real stirred up.
I swung past monastery around 10am. Couple people at north said it was surgery but at least 3 teams were headed in anyway. Entry looked doable but only so so, south side looked super flat and better protected. If I had still had a buddy with me I would have gone for it :wink:.
https://vimeo.com/128184882

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dove North Monastery and Wedding Rock today with Mubin. 30-40ft vis. Water temp was 51. Looking for whales but did not see any. I saw a seal with no head and its tail appeared to have been bitten off. It was laying on the bottom. The seal not the head. Tons of Salp in the water at North Monastery. Beautiful day out. Work has sure been getting in the way of my diving lately.

Went to Horseshoe Pinnacle and Mono Lobo wall this past Sunday on the Beachhopper. Vis was good! I'd give it 40-50+. Water was blue, with a ton of pelagic jellies in the water column. Lots of big Lings, and a mola sighting, though I didnt see it. The hydrocorals were beautiful, as well the corynactis. Light surge and lots of light even though we had lots of cloud cover. At 75-80fsw, I had 49 degrees in both locations. Top side saw a little wind and small swell, air temp was about 55-60 with overcast skys with marginal clearing in the afternoon. Thank you to Mary Jo and Derek! I had a great day of diving.

A couple shots off the Go Pro at Horseshoe... Enjoy!

image.jpgimage.jpg

220,000 gallons is a lot of poop. Not the way I want to "Log" my dives. I think I'll dive Carmel for a while. It looks to be pretty calm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom