Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive breakwater a lot. I've been diving with a friend who thinks I like to get up early, so usually get to park in the lower lot.

Dove the break water pipe(s) tonight 10-15ft or so vis and surge was picking up around 9pm. Lots and lots of particulates and a seal determined to foil every macro subject my light touched :p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mubin and I dove the Breakwater wall and kelp today. Swam out to the 13 dropped and then swam out to the end and came all the way back to shore underwater. 25ft vis or better. Kelp had 10 ft or better vis. Still a ton of Sea Hares. Water temp was 55.

did 2 at lovers pt this morning. a little bit of surge but vis was pretty good at about 20 ft. water was 57F and saw a decent amount of fish. original plan was to dive monastery but buddies vetoed that.

Saturday 11/8.
1st dive of day: metridium fields, decent vis, about 4 other divers out there at 11 am. Poor vis at beginning of pipe but cleared up at metridium fields.
2nd dive: Amtrak and Sailboat on Del Monte beach. Used this map http://www.deepseasherpa.com/images/delmontedivemap.jpg
Allowed us to drop right on the Amtrak, great choice for 2nd dive of the day. Fun, lots of wild life. Large harbor seal at the sailboat, octopus nestled into a pipe in side of the sailboat, easy navigation.
I recommend that you Breakwater junkies dive this site every now and again.

Brian

Dove coral st. today (Sunday) we started down in Carmel and worked out way back, so we didn't hit the water until well after high tide... 12:30 or so. Vis was actually pretty good at around 20ft and the water clarity was nice with a low level of particulates. Sadly the surge had picked up and the fog rolled in. We piped up to taking a heading check and could just barely make out the edge of outer rocks.
Some snaps,
https://flickr.com/photos/8859561@N08/sets/72157649219850125

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was west swell at 6' and figured that South Monastery was quite protected. We did two dives, vis was a foggy 40' at 45 to 60 foot depth. Looking forward to more November diving.

Two long, fun, dives at Lobos today:

First: Granite Wall. 20 to 30+ foot vis. Low to mid 50's water temperature (my computer was on the fritz, so not sure). Lots of lings, a cormorant, harbor seal & buddy saw a Leopard shark. 1:13 bottom time, 60foot max depth.

Second: Entered the Coal Chute cave from the back! Checked out another cavern just past it (been diving there since '87 & didn't know it was there, d'oh!). Then we spent the rest of our 1:23 minute dive wandering around in and near Coal Chute cove. 20 foot viz. Saw a nice flat fish, more ling and a sheep head toward the end of the dive. 49ft max depth.

Two long, fun, dives at Lobos today:

First: Granite Wall. 20 to 30+ foot vis. Low to mid 50's water temperature (my computer was on the fritz, so not sure). Lots of lings, a cormorant, harbor seal & buddy saw a Leopard shark. 1:13 bottom time, 60foot max depth.

Second: Entered the Coal Chute cave from the back! Checked out another cavern just past it (been diving there since '87 & didn't know it was there, d'oh!). Then we spent the rest of our 1:23 minute dive wandering around in and near Coal Chute cove. 20 foot viz. Saw a nice flat fish, more ling and a sheep head toward the end of the dive. 49ft max depth.

Some pics from these 2 dives PB094952 (2).jpgPB094993 (2).jpgPB094996 (2).jpgPB095046 (2).jpgPB095115 (2).jpgPB095127 (2).jpgPB095146 (2).jpgPB095155 (2).jpgPB095191 (2).jpgPB095347 (2).jpgPB095352 (2).jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom