Monkey diving - Need advice on ScubaForce

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tristan russell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all

Im new to the forums but have been in the industry for a few years, ive had some back trauma over the years so i have switch from back mount to side mount. At this time i have been racking up single (Monkey) tank dives on my basterdized Dive rite harness with a travel wing if done me well so far. I am looking to step away from the big branded gear and get into bed with Scuba Force.

So my questions

Anyone used the new Scuba Force Blade ?

Anyone using their SM Regs ?

Before anyone says anything i have also dived with 2 tanks but with what diving i do i prefer just using a single tank.

Thanks in advance

Only have experience with their SF2 and drysuits:
The SF2 is a well thought out ECCR clone of the RB80, that unfortunatly has all the build quality of someone working in a garage with big hand tools. In other words, I really don't like mine.
Years ago we used to say that Scubaforce (Horst Dederichs) was incapable of ever producing the same drysuit twice, each and every one was different than anything they had ever produced before.
Horst is a skilled salesman who can sell sand in Saudi Arabia and refridgerators to the eskimos, but has a major problem telling the truth to a customer. I avoid him like the plague.
On the other hand, Scubaforce does a good job quickly shipping new dive gear that they sell on Ebay, no gripes at all.
Haven't heard anything bad about their regs, but it might be a good idea to stockpile rebuild kits that you buy when you buy the regs, it's possible that, as with their drysuits from day to day, things change, and the new parts no longer fit on the old regs.
It's really hard to screw up a wing with backplate and straps, so I'm sure that you will end up being very happy with the SF Blade, in whatever configuration you buy it.

Michael

Hey all

Im new to the forums but have been in the industry for a few years, ive had some back trauma over the years so i have switch from back mount to side mount. At this time i have been racking up single (Monkey) tank dives on my basterdized Dive rite harness with a travel wing if done me well so far. I am looking to step away from the big branded gear and get into bed with Scuba Force.

So my questions

Before anyone says anything i have also dived with 2 tanks but with what diving i do i prefer just using a single tank.

Thanks in advance
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like you know what you're talking about. It's too bad, the dry suit SE looks great, but the feedback isn't great, and yours just further denotes it.

Hey all

So my questions

Thanks in advance
I know nothing about the equipment you references.

However, I have dived done "monkey" SideMount many times. Specifically, many of my dives are an AL 80 on the left, and a full AL 19 pony on the right. In my experience that works just fine, and I don't have to balance weights. It may be a little light on my right-side at the beginning, and a little heavy at the end, but I barely notice. If you're diving pure single tank, maybe add about 1-2 lbs on the opposite side.

I have also dove monkey-mount with Steel 100s. That is more challenging. With zero counter-weighting, you're stuck tilting about 37-degress HARD the entire dive! That said, I also tried the AL19 and 4lbs of weight, and that worked well.

And yes, I dive with my normal side-mount regulators.

edit: I just noticed this is a thread from 2019.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom