Scubaforce or Hollis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Alexander Nygaard

The SMS 50 has a poor reputation. If you must go Hollis, the Katana 2 is the best (and most) recent of the Hollis lot, from everything I’ve heard. I had a Hollis SMS75, but after that got stolen after I left it at a dive site, I switched to a Dive Rite Nomad XT. It’s old school and bulky, but it’s comfortable and works well for my cold water/steel tank/drysuit diving. The XDeep seems to be the current darling of the SM world.

I'd keep looking used.
My first (so far only) SM BCD is an old Armadillo, it works a lot better than more recent but poorer designed ones.
I'm upgrading to an Xdeep Tec only because I found one for a great price, I don't expect it'll make me dive any better.

I agree with Marie13. I have an SMS 50 and dove it for several years. I didn't care for it out of the box but grew to like it with some modifications. I now dive the Katana 2 and it is, imo, a better rig than the SMS 50.

Back
Top Bottom