Monkey Diving - DIR ?

Is Monkey Diving Considered DIR ?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • No

Votes: 46 78.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
riguerin:
It's curious that the poll results show that several people believe that "Monkey Diving" is considered DIR. However, none have actively posted the reasons why they believe it is.

DIR is basically what GI3 and JJ say it is (and I haven't heard them talk about monkey diving). Obviously it's not within the scope of normal DIR diving (and those guys didn't seem to be adhering to a strict team formation either), but neither is side-mounting regular DIR yet GI3 did pen an article about how to do it right (if you absolutely have to) and I think he and JJ recognize there's a place for it (in tight caves where back-mounted doubles wouldn't fit through restrictions). I didn't vote either way...

Not DIR, but it certainly looks like it would be fun for some shallow, easy dives. I could see myself scootering around the Conestoga, Dutch Springs, or some MA shore diving this way.

SparticleBrane:
My next question:
Why does anyone give a #$%#$* whether or not it's DIR? :shakehead

I have to agree... not to start a flame war... and yes I'm not DIR... why does it matter if it's DIR or not? Does it have to be that black or white for you guys?

Caloy, that would be fun :wink: wouldn't mind trying that over Canyons in PG... But I'm sure my tech shop would have a fit... :joke:

I try to be as DIR as I can, but this looks like loads of fun for a shallow reef dive. I'd love to give it a try someday. I don't see the point of debating whether or not it's DIR other than to get people riled up over something stupid.

Soggy:
Yup, looks like fun. I'd still rather strap on a single tank, though, I think....too much of a PITA getting into the water from shore with a stage smacking around.

With a X scooter it's really easy. I clip the X on my right chest dring via the nose of the scooter, and the 80's on my left side. Given the scooter weighs almost the exactly the same as a full, rigged 80, the balance walking around is pretty close.

Walk into the water to about knee deep and go. Put your fins on pass the surf zone.

Tobin

SparticleBrane:
...I don't see the point of debating whether or not it's DIR other than to get people riled up over something stupid.
Because your vision is accurate.

BTW Sparticle: Your DUB-DUB-Dubs-in-the-Tub Avatar ROCKS!!

HBDiveGirl:
Because your vision is accurate.

BTW Sparticle: Your DUB-DUB-Dubs-in-the-Tub Avatar ROCKS!!
I agree, SparticleBrane! I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I noticed that last night, and actually called my wife in to make her look!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Can't be DIR, they all had big grins on their faces.

hoosier:
Just out of curiosity, does it really matter what someone says if it is DIR or not even though it is fun to ask or poll?
Better yet ... would it be more DIR if they were using Gavins?

This thread looks like just more BAUE guys stirring up anti-Andrew **** again ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom