money exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemurs2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Where is the best place to exchange money in Roatan? Are cash or traveller's checks better?

Cash... US Dollars are generally fine.

Bring SMALL BILLS.

lemurs2:
Where is the best place to exchange money in Roatan? Are cash or traveller's checks better?

No need to exchange, in Roatan, as anywhere else in the Mar Caribe, US Green works just fine.

Small bills are best. 1, 5 10. Howard knows!

I am big, not stupid and understand how to secrete money. The second two are the most important, there is little worry of personal assault in Roatan unless you are stupid. I carry cash during my trips, though my bed is in an AI resort that is the most secure and isolated on the island. My cash sits in my room when I'm off diving, I never use the safe. [I am profoundly lazy and hey- that's where bad guys look!] Most decent resorts have provision for securing your cash. (and passport- give that document to the!)

They may charge you a fee at your lodging for travelers checks or only accept them in payment. If you are laboring under the misperception that there are change kiosks or banks that you will have time to access in your one week visit, the answer is no and no.

You can't spend much anyhow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom