Monday, Sept 19, Dive Charter - Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. It seems that none of the Monterey dive charters go out on Mondays, or at least not on 9/19. Does anyone know how to go about finding a charter boat on that day. There are only two of us, so I'm not sure that is enough for a special reservation of one of the usual charters. Any suggestions would be welcome.

The Monterey Charters usually go out only on the weekends unless you privately charter a cruise yourself. If you're willing to pay big, I'm sure you could charter a boat for just 2 divers.
You'll need to call ahead to allow the charter to organize a crew.
I think a few select boats have Wed and Thur charters in their normal schedule, but I can't clarify this 100%.

My suggestion for you two is to shore dive. Unless you're looking for 100ft of depth you can easily hit 60-70ft from a shore dive at several sites (which is probably what you'd hit from a boat). Some sites such as Lover Pt. have plenty to see at 20ft.
There's so many options to choose from, so don't feel bummed about not being able to go on a boat dive.

Thanks. Yes, I was thinking we'd do shore dives. My buddy hasn't dove in a couple years and so was leaning towards boat diving. I have shore dived the Monterey breakwater a couple times, most recently in May (a doubles training dive), but I'm not really familiar enough with the landscape to be a good guide. Maybe we can find a guide? Anyone interested?

Maybe we can find a guide? Anyone interested?

It can be hard to find partners for a Monday dive. (I'd offer to join you if I didn't have other responsibilities.) Consider calling the local shops for a guide. It'll cost you less than you'd have paid for the boat dive and likely be well worth it. A good guide will know what sites are best for the conditions of the day.

Thanks for all the info. I've booked a couple beach dives with Bamboo Reef for the 19th.

Back
Top Bottom