Mola Mola Rock 'n' Rola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhammer

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Had a fantastic dive day in Monterey today, and the icing on the cake was a close encounter with a Mola Mola (Ocean Sunfish). This was about a mile off Lover's Point at the mating Amtrack wreck site in about 80 fsw. There we were, minding our own business, and along comes this amazing creature right over our heads. I followed after him to get some shots, and to my surprise, he turned and came back toward me. Wow! He almost bumped into me and at one point, all I could see in my mask's field of view was the side of this tremendous fish! See pics:

Picasa Web Albums - Devin - DivingMontere...

Wow, what a catch, I'll bet that's quite a rare occasion. I've seen this fish at he aquarium but it must be so great to meet one in person.

Nice I like the pic with the jeweled top snail and the strawberry anemones, great colors.

Harari

I LOVE Mola Molas. I have not seen one yet on a dive, but will someday. Thank you for sharing your pics. It looks like you had an awesome dive and congrats on your experience. :)

Thnx for the great pix

Very nice photos Devin.

Woohoo, it looks cold :)

So anyone wants to go out and look for that Mola Mola this week.

Weather looks just great for sunfish hunting.

Wow 4-5' nose to tail. That is a monster!

Devin, apparently you and I need to start buddying up more often :wink:.

Id have been out there with you all today, but I was assisting in the pool with an open water class. I would like to get to see a mola in person before the year is up though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom