Mola Mola Rock 'n' Rola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Real nice pictures did it stay around or just do a swim by to tease you.
Is there a lot of reported sighting in your area?
My wife wants us to head for cosumal but montaray may be in my dive Planer

Nice pictures, and great encounter with the Mola Mola.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow, way cool he came back around for you to be able to catch some great pics!
The Kelp crab on the coral was a cool pic too.

Ok people, I don't mean to be a nag or anything, and I know I am kinda new around here.

This is a real distress call... I must dive... pleeaassseee anyone, I am in desperate need for a buddy. tommorow, the next day... the sea is so flat now ... help :help:

I am feeling the same way after reading the reports the last few days...will be going Thursday around Salt Point though.

Amazing encounter. I've never seen a live one in the ocean, let along get some nice shots of one like you did. Very cool.

Real nice pictures did it stay around or just do a swim by to tease you.
Is there a lot of reported sighting in your area?
My wife wants us to head for cosumal but montaray may be in my dive Planer

After the last pic, it kept coasting in that direction for maybe 5-10 seconds. Then, it gave two big thrusts and it was gone in a flash. Those suckers can really move when they want to.
I heard of a lot of sightings in September, and was hoping to see one then. But by this time, I had completely given up that idea.

Dove N. Monastery. It was sunny and really calm (up to 7' WEST swell 14 second interval about 2' wind wave)
Vis was good at least 40' in some areas. Highlight of the dive was a small mola mola at 110'. Also saw a few metridiums.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom