Suggestion Moderator names

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
MikeC

MikeC

Contributor
Reaction score
Pete and all, what do you think of either having a sticky somewhere that has a list of the moderators and their real first names or in their on-line profiles they put their first name. With a few mods they use their name as there screen name, Rick M. for example but "The Kraken"??? If I want to PM him it is weird to say "Greetings The Kraken..."

Some might argue that a real "reader" of this site would know the names, from various posts or personal communications, but what about a rookie or someone who hasn't looked for names?

In my case Mania is simply a Polish diminutive of Maria. So you can call me either Maria or Mania - as my friends do...
Mania

Frankly I like staying a bit private. If I get to know someone on the board then my name will become available. Until very recently, I chose not to post a picture of myself.

Shaka - I believe Pete meant that your profile was kept in the SB bathroom. :D

That is my real name.
And the avatar came from my diver's license picture . . . it was early in the morning. . .

The Right Honourable Kraken, Esq., LLD, OBE, President for Life, Reverend, Marta Bus Driver

The Kraken:
That is my real name.
And the avatar came from my diver's license picture . . . it was early in the morning. . .

The Right Honourable Kraken, Esq., LLD, OBE, President for Life, Reverend, Marta Bus Driver
I've always been curios about your avatar. Is that from the movie where the Kraken was turned to stone by the head of medusa? I think Perseus and pegasus was involved?

midwestdvr:
I've always been curios about your avatar. Is that from the movie where the Kraken was turned to stone by the head of medusa? I think Perseus and pegasus was involved?

I was actually responsible for that.

Hmmm... well, my real first name is Grover, if anyone wants to use it :)
But all my nieces, nephews & younger students use Uncle Ricky...
Rick
GRM

My first name is actually Bode.

Just call me "Ber" my husband and friends do :)
Ber :lilbunny:

midwestdvr:

Looks like it to me, but in Greek mythology, the Kraken was animated seaweed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom