Suggestion Moderator names

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
MikeC

MikeC

Contributor
Reaction score
Pete and all, what do you think of either having a sticky somewhere that has a list of the moderators and their real first names or in their on-line profiles they put their first name. With a few mods they use their name as there screen name, Rick M. for example but "The Kraken"??? If I want to PM him it is weird to say "Greetings The Kraken..."

Some might argue that a real "reader" of this site would know the names, from various posts or personal communications, but what about a rookie or someone who hasn't looked for names?

We leave this up to the particular mods. Some have privacy concerns that I know about and have no issues with them remaining semi-anonymous. As for Kraken, you should address all posts and PMs with "Most Honorable Kraken, we beseach thee..." It really helps him out when you do that. :D

Moderators (and advisers) are volunteers and as such their privacy is entirely up to them. As you mentioned, some moderators like Rick use their name as their username. Others like NetDoc post their name (Pete) with every post. But for some moderators personal names are just that -- personal. You can of course find a list of all of the moderators, board guides and ad visors by going to http://www.scubaboard.com/showgroups.php.

Hopefully that helps.

NetDoc:
We leave this up to the particular mods. Some have privacy concerns that I know about and have no issues with them remaining semi-anonymous. As for Kraken, you should address all posts and PMs with "Most Honorable Kraken, we beseach thee..." It really helps him out when you do that. :D

Hip waders to aisle 1 !!!

BTW, I was using both Rick and "the Kraken" as examples. There was a mod I wanted to PM, but I forget what post they noted their real first name.

You guys can leave my profile public.

Well FWIW my name is Kim. Just don't call me a girl and we'll get along fine!

That's right Petey....just tell everybody!! :D

Geez, and all this time I thought The Kraken's first name was "The". I sure hope he's a not a chick then either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom