Moderation: Too much or too little?

What is your GENERAL feeling about SB moderation?

• I'd like to see more moderation

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I'd like to see less moderation

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I think the current level of moderation is fine.

Votes: 74 66.1%
  • I have another opinion - state below

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This concludes a test of freedom,

We now return you to your regular programming.

:D

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Can one of the mods change my vote from "other opinion" to "just fine"?

Roger that. Where ARE you???

That ties it. I'm starting a thread in new divers, sending them here. Maybe watcha' got is gettin stale...

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Now ya done it CD: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...ion-new-divers-almost-divers.html#post6282248

:shakehead:

Oh boy. Brace for impact.

There used to be a smiley I'd stick in here, but seems that sort commentary has been censored. So I'll just say: :gas:

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

I have been asked in a PM to explain my "Censored" comment.

The :popcorn: "smiley" was simply an image that could be used to express many different ideas and/or emotions, depending on it's placement and use in a particular thread. It could be fun. It might be sarcastic. It might be saying: "let's see where this goes...". I t could have a great many possible uses.

If, as they say, 'A picture is worth a thousand words', then mods turning my desired impact from posting that image into a single word only, have in effect removed @999 words from my desired message.

Not truly censorship in it's true form, but as stifling some member's meanings was the goal in making such a change, it is in effect a form of censorship.

I have been asked in a PM to explain my "Censored" comment.

The :popcorn: "smiley" was simply an image that could be used to express many different ideas and/or emotions, depending on it's placement and use in a particular thread. It could be fun. It might be sarcastic. It might be saying: "let's see where this goes...". I t could have a great many possible uses.

If, as they say, 'A picture is worth a thousand words', then mods turning my desired impact from posting that image into a single word only, have in effect removed @999 words from my desired message.

Not truly censorship in it's true form, but as stifling some member's meanings was the goal in making such a change, it is in effect a form of censorship.

This has an almost poetic ring to it :D

Here ya go - have some of mine (just had to hotlink the image from http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/smiley-face-popcorn.gif)

smiley-face-popcorn.gif

My understanding is that image is still OK in and of itself. If used in an "unfriendly" manner, then normal TOS rules will kick in.

:popcorn: IMO and use, was intended to signify a previous comment/post was dubious in nature or potentially inflammatory (eg. BCD vs BP/W) because of the strong multiple opinions already known within SB. New members may ask such a question in all sincerity, but a veteran may withhold comment in an attempt to remain "green" in a safe zone. So, a :popcorn: is placed to signify that the post was read and the reader will sit back to observe what transpires.

There is nothing inherently malicious in a single smiley :popcorn:

How can a Popcorn smilie be used in an unfriendly manner? Can we somehow cause it to start flipping everybody the bird? Does it somehow start flinging popcorn at you? Does it somehow drop the bag of popcorn and moon everybody?

Back
Top Bottom