Moderation: Too much or too little?

What is your GENERAL feeling about SB moderation?

• I'd like to see more moderation

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I'd like to see less moderation

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I think the current level of moderation is fine.

Votes: 74 66.1%
  • I have another opinion - state below

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, a bit like swatting a fly on your dinner table with a sledge hammer.
Jim,

Actually, it has reduced the need to swat the flies so far. When something in your kitchen spoils and attracts flies, rather than swat a bazillion of 'em, it only makes sense to dispose of the spoilage and get it out of the house. Hopefully the flies will follow. :D Ergo, fewer flies makes the house a bit more inviting for our other guests. Sure, the flies are a bit peeved, but they'll get over it!

That makes about as much sense as those who refer to a screwdriver as a burglary tool.
Bob,

using your logic, I am certain that you have screwdrivers available at every window and door since you don't see them as a threat. :D It's not that we are banning screwdrivers (the smiley), we just aren't making them as convenient for people to access. This is an attempt to keep honest people just that and nothing more. So far, it seems to be working and the protests are coming mostly from those who routinely abused it. It's just a tad ironic, doncha think?

I don't have screwdrivers at every window and door. I do have a firearm behind some of those windows and doors though. You get to guess which one it is.:D

I never used the smiley in question before it was removed. Then I had to look for one and bookmark it. I think just typing :popcorn: works just as well.

So far, it seems to be working and the protests are coming mostly from those who routinely abused it. It's just a tad ironic, doncha think?

I don't know if I count as protester, but if so - I definitely don't see myself as a routine abuser. Wouldn't routine indicate like at least 5-10 uses (and abuses)? I think I used :popcorn: just a couple of times before this thread. I just liked it. I get it's gone, and I'm not asking for it back (pushing a rope and all that).

But - before this thread I would have never voiced my opinion that I was sad it was gone - and somehow :popcorn: seems representative of something bigger - so I am voicing an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

:shakehead: I don't believe I just read that last part. :shakehead:

Keep up with this thread and he will accuse you of dogpiling and call you a POV warrior (but it is not name calling when he does it) as well. This is where the fun begins :shakehead:.

I still think :gans: is the most offensive smiley...yet nobody responded to my statement about that earlier.

Jim,

Actually, it has reduced the need to swat the flies so far. When something in your kitchen spoils and attracts flies, rather than swat a bazillion of 'em, it only makes sense to dispose of the spoilage and get it out of the house. Hopefully the flies will follow. :D Ergo, fewer flies makes the house a bit more inviting for our other guests. Sure, the flies are a bit peeved, but they'll get over it!

So you believe the problem arises from the Smiley itself (a smiley is you idea of rotting food), and not from those who might be abusing it? And you think that you have really silenced the flies with this move?

I do not think so.

Bob,

using your logic, I am certain that you have screwdrivers available at every window and door since you don't see them as a threat. :D It's not that we are banning screwdrivers (the smiley), we just aren't making them as convenient for people to access. This is an attempt to keep honest people just that and nothing more. So far, it seems to be working and the protests are coming mostly from those who routinely abused it. It's just a tad ironic, doncha think?

You really did not say that Pete, really? I do not see how you could read Bob's post and reach such a conclusion. You are dropping into the ludicrous with that stretch.

And as for me, being one of those criticizing the move by SB, being one "who routinely abused it", that is :bs: I am merely observing that this was a rather lame and foolish move, and doomed to failure, if silencing criticism was the goal.

Jim,

Bob,

Sad. :shakehead: just really sad.

I still think :gans: is the most offensive smiley...yet nobody responded to my statement about that earlier.

And who posted that particular smilie the most I wonder :hm:

Back
Top Bottom