MoCal Hotel Recommedations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabuzzle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all,

So I was wondering where people stay when diving. I'm looking for an inexpensive, diver friendly place that is CLEAN! I often find you can only have two.

I am doing a full weekend on the 26th and 27th and need a place to stay while down there for that and future trips.

-Mike

Diver friendly. Huh.
The Munras Lodge (Now a Vagabond Inn) no longer has gear cleaning facilities. There used to be a place on N. Fremont that's now a Comfort Inn (I think), not sure if they still have gear cleaning, they did about a year ago.Lone Oak Lodge still a has gear cleaning station as far as I know. The gray rinse tubs and hanging bars are an endangered species...

They are courteous, and cater to divers.

Hot tub
BBQ Grills
Sauna
Big rinse tanks,
Outdoor showers for first rinse off.
Hanging bars for drying

Cool maps to the local dive sites if you ask.

If you CALL them and tell them that you are diving you get a lot better rate too!

Guy
:)

I assume you know about the Lone Oak, a long standing favorite for many. But I always like going to the Bay Breeze Econo Lodge on Norther Fremont St in Seaside. They are reasonable, have big fairly clean rooms, and they have a hose/rinse area (no tub onsite) for divers. We've always been comfy there, they will give a divers discount if you call them directly, and it's quite close to everything....even has a good little strip mall within easy walking distance....Papa Chanos, Costco, grocery store, Starbucks, bagel shop, etc.....

The Travel Lodge on N Freemont has a diver rate. Just ask for it. There's a small sink and hose on one side of the building and lot's of parking... good for those guys with boats

The quality inn on munras is my go to joint in town. Clean, reasonably priced and they havE a kick ass indoor pool and spa.

I stay at the Monterey Hostel. You get to sleep indoors with full kitchen access for under $25 a night.

I always stay in Best Western on Munras Avenue - very clean with great in room wall heater which dries my wetsuit overnight, free breakfast, nice jacuzzi and if you sign up online you get good deal under $70/night and now they have "stay twice, get one free night" Best Western Rewards - Travel Best Western

p.s. I always pick a room on the first floor which is basically 5 feet from where I park (easy to move all gear from my car to my room)

Back
Top Bottom