Mobbys Armor Shell trilam suit info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divedoggie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I saw a Mobbys Armor Shell trilam suit for sale on ebay. I'm seeking info and feedback. It looks great. Seals havn't even been trimmed yet. The self entry zipper looks like it may not be too ergonomic. Anyone dove in one?

Divedoggie:
I saw a Mobbys Armor Shell trilam suit for sale on ebay. I'm seeking info and feedback. It looks great. Seals havn't even been trimmed yet. The self entry zipper looks like it may not be too ergonomic. Anyone dove in one?

I've got a lot of buddies who dive in the Mobbys suit all the time. They generally love the suit, and the zipper is one of its better features. The zipper is on a big flap that folds down and straps across your suit, and doesn't seem to cause any mobility issues. The only issue I've seen with the Mobbys suit is that some of them have problems with leaky seams, particularly around the crotch area. No catastrophic floods, mind you - just an annoying dribble.

Have one with 100 dives or so on it. Never leaks (so far).

I have a Mobbys Pro that I've had since 1998. Great suit, never leaked. Mine is a rear entry, though, so I can't comment on the self entry part. Overall, I've been very pleased with Mobby's workmanship.

Gerry

Divedoggie:

Divedoggie:

The Armor Shell is a fine suit for the price. I don't dive in one, but my ex-wife has over 300 dives on hers and the only "problem" to date is a neck seal that split at about 150 dives. The suit still has the original wrist seals and they're still in great shape.

About the only caution is that this suit seems to be cut for skinny people. What I mean by that is that the legs and arms ... especially in the calf and forearm area ... are not ample for those with "heftier" profiles. If that's not an issue with you, and the price is right, then go for it. The zipper placement might look funky, but it's darn practical ... and due to its length wouldn't be terribly expensive to replace (compared to other front-entry designs).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Note they do seem to run a bit small. I purchased a Moby Pro off of Ebay, and had to resell it due to the size running a bit small. Also they do have quite a bit of drag. But the quality I thought was very good. The belt made the suit feel great on.

Back
Top Bottom