moalboal question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
this is serious...

is it possible to dive moalboal on a daytrip? 1-2 dives?

plan to leave cebu city very early in the morning then leave in the afternoon?

is it worth it?

short of giving me some lmgtfy link - any reco operation?

thanks!

Jag

its do-able but not very economical considering the cost of renting a van to get there. unless you're with other divers to share the cost or unless you do the public transpo thing which could stretch the travel time to more than 3 hours. we did two dives on a daytrip the last time i was there. pagod! better when we stayed overnight. we dived with nelson's. presyong pinoy. best to call ahead to check on what time his boat goes out so you can time your departure from the city.

Shugar,
It is doable, and the quickest economical way to do it would be to take a V-Hire from CITI-LINK terminal, early in the morning, you would need to Pay for 2 or 3 seats at 100P each(for comfort and to make sure you have space for your gear), they are significantly cheaper than taxi(@2000+) but it can take a little longer 2-2.5 hours. You can do the same for your return trip. Once in Moalboal Town you will take a Trike to Panagsama @100P each way. (depending on when your coming I could help you get there).
Several dive shops run daily trips to Pescador Island. The one I am most familiar with is Savedra(I dont work for them :) ) who has a daily 1015 dive to Pescador, and then a 2PM dive to another spot which changes daily. So you could get 2 dives in and be ready to leave Moalboal by 4:30 or 5PM.
All taxi drivers know Citi-link and if your staying downtown it is a cheap taxi ride to the terminal.
I dove Pescador and Dolphin House(another Moalboal dive site) yesterday and visibility was a little impaired especially under the sardines (so many of them and sooooo much Sardine tatai). Yesterday I had two Japanese Nitrox Students who are pretty well traveled and they enjoyed both dives.
You can PM me for additional information.

Cheers,
Roger

thanks...

don't know what my final arrangements will be - there is a possibility we'll stay overnight (i'm w/ a group but not divers) and we'll most probably get a van

we are planning a conference a couple days before that and rather than rushing home to manila a friend suggested we hit moalboal - i said i was going to abandon them and bring my dive gear and he said "fine"

@roger: yes will get in touch with you if this thing materializes - thanks!

Jag

Back
Top Bottom