Moal Boal, cebu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

citrinette

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all!!

Here's a quick run down on the trip we've been doing. But the ultimate question is whether Moal Boal is worth diving.

We started out in Dumaguette did Apo island, did Panglao and Alona, and we went up to Malapascua. The diving in Malapascua was amazing... thresher, whitetips, tons of huge cuttlefish, nudis and all the rest. But the weather wasn't the best and we decided to head to Cebu to check for flights to Palawan.
Flights to Palawan are SUPER expensive and so we're trying to figure out where to go near Cebu... That isn't back up north.

Any suggestions??

THANKS!

you can go to sogod bay or take ferry to cagayan de oro and dive in duka bay and camiguin. moalboal is going to be a letdown since you started with the much better dive sites.

Is that on the island of Mindanao?

What kind of diving is it? Are there Pelagics?

Thanks!

yes cagayan de oro is in mindanao. you can take a ferry or plane to get there. nice reefs and macro in both duka bay and camiguin. schools of jacks too.
sogod bay is in leyte. still in the visayas. whalesharks and good macro and general diving there.

or you can go back to bohol and try cabilao island. great macros and barracuda school there from what the others have posted before.

Hmmm maybe sogod bay, Someone else suggested Sogod bay, specifically Padre Burgos... it's closer and doesn't mean backtracking.

padre burgos pier is for muck diving at night. check out sogod bay scuba resort. but they will probably be full now since members of this forum are diving there til monday.

don't know what happened there it posted itself before i was finished... see below

I liked Moalboal... especially Pescador Island. I dived Moalboal and Malapascua last time I was there and would go back to Moalboal first. I was just there in November... see my trip report (with photos) if you want more details. Haven't been to Bohol yet, but I hear that it's very good. Leyte also. Moalboal is relatively quicker and less expensive to get to than Leyte if you're in Cebu now. You can take the bus or you can have a taxi take you down for 2000 pesos and you're there in a few hours. If you go to Mindanao you have to pass Moalboal to get there. Moalboal is definitely worth at least a couple of days. I spent four days there and didn't feel like it was enough.

Back
Top Bottom