Mo2vation JANUARY 27, '07 Boat Dive planning thread - Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The retrieval was successful and my camera gear is secure! Once again, thanks Christian!

Laurel: t'was my pleasure :10:

Cheers!

Robert "For All Your Heavy Lifting Needs" Arance

As usual, I always need a day or two to decompress after one of our wild and woolly dive extraveganzas! :wink:

The Peace was a perfect boat to dive from on a rainy day. After the first dive, we all packed ourselves into the galley and closed the door. It think it probably got up to a toasty 70 degrees in there!

It was really cool looking up at the surface of the water when it was raining hard! I think that Jen's picture really captured that texture nicely.

Eric did a great job of finding us some suitable dive sites for the conditions and that last location was really great. I wish that I had seen the Mola Mola! I've never seen these when underwater and have only seen them when standing on a boat.

Trish makes great food for us to enjoy before, between and after our dives.

The crew on the Peace was very attentive and made everyone feel very welcome.

The dinners on the night before and after the dive are always a highlight for me and this was no exception. You are all such a cool group of people and we get to experience so much fun thoughout these events because of that.

Almost all things in the lost and found have now been claimed.

I look forward to seeing you all at the Wrinkles Dive and BBQ at Laguna Beach in February.

Christian

orangelion03:
Thanks for the information Kilani! Funny how things work out...just before this I hear about this message (thanks John!), my brother called to see if I wanted to meet him for a movie in Pasadena, about 2 miles from Christian! Just called Christian and set up a retrieval.

By the way, can you send me that picture I asked about? =)
orangelion03 at yahoo dot com THANKS!!

Cheers!
Glad you got your camera back. I've lost mine before (tho not in quite the same way), so I can quite easily imagine the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when you realized it was gone!

What photo were you looking for? (feel free to IM)

-Kalani

kelphelper:
Thanks to all for a very fun dive event! I sure love our trips together! They sustain me.

Thanks also for allowing me to rush off the boat ASAP. I had to get to Laguna Hills pronto and it took over 3 hours. If you guys hadn't let me scoop up the first dock cart I never woulda made it. I was soooo late as it was!

Billy: I had to figure out what you meant by the triple lux but I think I know. My fins sure are kelp attractants! I used to have duct tape on the straps to keep the kelp out of them. I either need to fix that situation or take skating lessons! (Did you find a picture of a Tylodina fungina? If not, I have some on the OCdiving.com gallery you can search and see.)

Mark: Thanks for the PDA program. Gosh, and I thought Tide Tool was my favorite program.

Kalani: A pleasure to see you as always.... When can we dive together again??? I will keep thinking of more cool things we saw. Thanks for lending me your torch for the cave. What a difference! And the more I think about that black stuff with the bird bones the more I wonder if it was hair instead of feathers.... Whatever it was, it was weird!

Laurel: I am so glad to see you in the water again!

All: I truly enjoyed seeing my long-time friends and meeting news one, too. You are all awesome! I look forward to seeing all your pix!

Jen: That island kelpfish and Porter's pic is very cool! I bet there will be tons of cool pix from everyone!

Whoops. I can't forget to thank Scott for his navigation back to the arch. Merci!
Do you mean the Palma program we beamed you from my phone? :wink: Enjoy! Thanks for the tip on TideTool, btw, I'll be pulling it down post-haste.

We should definitely dive together soon. It's always a pleasure finding someone with a compatible dive style. :D Had I thought of it earlier, I would have loaned you my light canon for the earlier dives... that was my spare! (I have two, both with rechargeables, so it would have been no problem at all)

Definitely bizarre, whatever it was, but clearly some sort of animal being slowly eaten down there. I wish my camera had been working. At least the spare battery was fully charged by the time I got home!

I got the horn shark video up on YouTube, as promised: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A5Rp-9rIpo

Photos to come soon, I'm still trying to catch up on processing...

justleesa:

We let them get a little larger and then ride them like scooters. Many things are diferent about diving California.

Jim

justleesa:
WOW!! LOOK AT ALL THE LOBSTERS!!! Are they in season or too small or did you have to pass them up?
We were on a marine preserve, so look but no touch. Which explains the massive numbers of unbelievably huge bugs.

AH! that explains it! Great that you were able to dive there :wink:

I also had a great time on the boat. Thanks to my dive buddy ‘dette for the great dives and laughs. They’re coming to take me away.

Thanks to everyone on the boat for making it a memorable experience.
It was nice seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones.
Those that canceled were missed.

Big thanks to the crew for standing in the pouring rain all day giving us the high standard of service I’ve come to expect from the Peace.

Back
Top Bottom