Mo2vation JANUARY 27, '07 Boat Dive planning thread - Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll propose dinner at 7 PM. Traffic being as it is putting it a little later probably doesn't buy too much on the 101, 405, etc. Either you leave LA or SD early or you're getting to Ventura after 8:30.

Sounds like were converging on either the cooked seafood place or the sushi place.

Jim

Empty V:
The BBQ place that I go to is only about 5 min away, if anyone is interested. I think I'm beating a horse with a drum at this point.

Billy
Billy,

Could you let us know where the BBQ place is? I briefly scanned the posts, but must have missed the one where you told us where this was. For some reason, I was under the impression that it was in The Valley, but judging from this last post that must just be the sushi place.

If you tell us what it's called and the address, we could look it up on Map Quest or something like that. That will let us actively consider it.

Thanks.

Christian

scvdiver:
Just Bbq
2950 Johnson Dr # 133, Ventura, CA 93003
Phone: (805) 654-1221

Please note that it's really much like a food court at a mall, sans the mall. The tri tip is awesome, very southern BBQ. There's a subway and a Coldstone around the corner.

mmmm.... cold stone....

Thanks Mark, it is an establishment in a shopping mall food court. There are about 8 other eateries in the food court although I've never seen anyone order food from any other place than Just BBQ. It's right off of the Johnson exit and the 101. 2 Exits south of the Ventura Harbor.

Here are a few reviews: http://www.ventura.com/dining/review_read.asp?pk_restaurant=249

They also have an outstanding hotlink sandwich. I have to warn everyone though, it's kind of like going to see the soup nazi.

Billy

Well... I've got to say that I'm really not up for eating in a mall "food court" even though the food might be great.

I'm not opposed to eating at a restaurant that's in a mall or accessible by going through a food court, but really don't want to eat in the food court itself. I'm just not into the "fast food" atmosphere.

Just my personal opinion; others may want to.

Christian

Sorry looks like I wont be able to make it...so another spot is opened up....I got stuck on the freeway (car problems) and it costed WAY to much to get the repairs and help so I wouldnt DIE on the side of the road...lol.....needless to say my diving money has vanished....see Ken the boat load is getting better.

Hopefully I will see you guys in Feb. in Laguna.

If everyone wants to just stay at the harbor and eat there that's cool. Personally the food there is adequate and edible; the company is what they for were anyway. It certainly is convenient.

Some on the board love the great combination of good food and great company. On that note I'll list a few restaurants in Ventura that are known for good food.

Jonathan's at Peiranos
http://www.jonathansatpeiranos.com/ I have yet to go to this place but many co-workers who live in Ventura highly recommend it. Great Mediterranean food. Not far at all... Ventura's not a big place.
204 E. Main Street
Ventura, CA 93001
(805) 648-4853

Yolanda's Mexican Cafe
No website too authentic to have one :wink:
Food and Margaritas are outstanding, great local hangout
2753 East Main Street, Ventura, CA 93003
Cuisines: Mexican
(805) 643 2700

71 Palm Restaurant
http://www.71palm.com/
Another highly recommended restaurant, French restaurant
71 N. Palm St, Ventura, CA

headhunter:
Well... I've got to say that I'm really not up for eating in a mall "food court" even though the food might be great.

I'm not opposed to eating at a restaurant that's in a mall or accessible by going through a food court, but really don't want to eat in the food court itself. I'm just not into the "fast food" atmosphere.

Just my personal opinion; others may want to.

Christian

I agree... NO food courts... gross!

I vote for the mex place or the seafood place at the harbor...

no way I can make it by 7 pm. Maybe 8ish. I am driving from OC and 7 pm would mean leaving at 4 and driving for 2-3 hours through traffic....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom