Mo2vation JANUARY 27, '07 Boat Dive planning thread - Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V:
Which one? I ate at one with one of my dive buddies a few weeks ago that was outstanding. It's just east of fallbrook on ventura, north side of the street. We got great treatment too.

Billy

T-prime, what happened to your comment? You shape shifting on me?

Billy
Brother's Sushi. Incredible food. I eat lunch there whenever I can get away, and a group of us from Valley Scuba ate there a couple weeks ago, with excellent reviews. Ventura and DeSoto, caddy-corner (basically) from Whole Foods. Little white building with a neon sign.

I'll be driving up on the 118 through Simi Valley and Moorpark.

I'm up for eating at someplace in Ventura, but am not that familiar with the area. I think I remember eating at a Macaroni Grill with Mo2vation, BunnyJaye and HBDiveGirl that was good.

Christian

Empty V:
If anyone is around earlier I can recommend a secret tri-tip sandwich spot. It's one of the few hidden secrets of Ventura. So I have to really like you to show you this :)

You must be talking about Just BBQ near the movies right? aka Buster's BBQ when it was in Saticoy... best hot sauce around... might be a little small for 30 people don't you think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yolanda's is a great choice and very central.

Yolanda's Mexican Cafe
2753 East Main Street, Ventura, CA 93003
Mexican
805 643 2700

Hmmm they all sound pretty good. How about a vote? Mexican, Sushi, Macaroni Grill

I put my vote in for mexican...

Thanks!
Jen

Keep in mind that people driving down from up north or Fresno, will not be driving through the San Fernando Valley.

I don't really care what kind of food we eat, because I eat everthing. However, I would like to see us pick a place in Ventura because then regardless of where people are coming from, they can join us at this final destination.

Christian

I'd like to meet for dinner Friday night in the Harbor area if possible. On these trips I try to get off campus early on Friday so the traffic on the 101 is not a nightmare then its nice to load gear on the boat and decompress. The Mexican place has disappointed me but the Italian and seafood place are nice.

Jim

I really don't care, I've got my hot dive buddy and Tevis, what more could a girl ask for? Okay, lots, but I'll wait til Saturday to make demands.

Kim

scvdiver:
You must be talking about Just BBQ near the movies right? aka Buster's BBQ when it was in Saticoy... best hot sauce around... might be a little small for 30 people don't you think?

Dude no way!!!! I didn't think anyone knew about busters. I've been eating there once a week lately, soooooooo good. I just called them and they're open till 8:45 on Friday. It's on like donkey kong!

Who's down for the best trip-tip sammich ever?

Billy

How many people would actually show up for dinner vs. arrive Saturday morning, though?

Brothers Sushi is not a good option for a 30-person crowd. I don't think I'd want to go there with much more than 10 people. It's a small, intimate little sushi bar.

If we eat in Ventura, I'm down for whatever the group wants. I'm a fan of Macaroni Grill, and they can certainly handle large groups better than most places (I assume, not having been to the Ventura MG but many others), so I'm fine with that if others are. If we're talking about a full 30 person crowd it's going to limit our options considerably, so perhaps we should get a head count.

Back
Top Bottom