MLK-Day dive 1/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
Well since a lot of us have the day off - Dan and I for sure, unfortunately - how about it? I haven't checked the weather but I'm eager to go...

I've left the location off the subject in case anybody wants to do another location, but Dan & I will be doing Hibiscus again. The "snook place" is a hot dive now, but eventually repairs will be finished and it'll be closed again "forever" or until the next really bad storm. Maybe we want to use it as much as we can until then?

Here is MLK day report.

West winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Showers likely and scattered thunderstorms.

Mike give me a call in the AM, I will be up around 6:30 if the dive is on or off

We're headed out there.......looks clear above my house for the moment, and the web cam looks good. I'd rather call the dive from the beach than the house!!

If anyone wants to give it a shot, Cory and I will be at Hibiscus about 8:15 ish....

Thanks again Mike!!!!

Especially for getting us through the perils of entering in 3-Inch surf!!!
I love South Florida.

Good to meet you ShowBoat!!
Be sure to soak that wetsuit in a STRONG detergent solution.

See you guys on the next dive.

Jeremy

... will keep Florida Conch Divers from their appointed dives but, hey, somebody's gotta do it. This makes two solid weeks of good shore diving conditions with only a couple of interruptions... how long can it last? If I have to weather unemployment, this is the place to do it!!!!

And I worked today in the name of progress! Glad you guys had a great dive. I was there in spirit!

Yes the water conditions were very rough today as it was very hard to see past the ripples on the surface and water temp was a very brisk 70-73, viz was about 40ft.

Great dive near the pier and wish I brought my camera as we have seen a few scorpion fish, many types of parrotfish, green moray, trumpetfish, school of lookdowns, 2 nurse sharks just to name a few.

Thanks again Mike for the hospitality and yes Jeremy my wetsuit is soaking in detergent as I type this and look forward to diving with you again soon.

What thunderstorms and rain that was forcasted for today? :lightingz

:itschy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom