MKII with SPEC Cap - R190 1st generation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the idea of a really compact 1st stage for a deco bottle, and the MK2 is a perfect O2 reg. But if the 200 bar DIN fittings won't fit into thermo convertible valves I'll stick with the 300 bar and live with the extra bit of length.

Some have a larger diameter filter retainer and won’t fit into some valves, I can take a few pics later.
Yah, it’s kinda sh*tty, especially since they’re so nice and compact when they fit.

Here’s a pic of the retainer (although it’s just one solid piece), definitely a bit wider around the hex hole than others.
upload_2021-2-5_11-11-11.jpeg

Are the DIN connectors on those MK2s 200 or 300 bar? I would like to find a 200 bar DIN connector for my MK2.

Great job on those regs! But I might be missing something. On your first photo the Mk2 looks like it has big ambient chamber holes, and in the last photo I see really small ones. It must be a different one?
Yes, the DIN Connectors are all 200bars, but what kind of DIN Connector you are looking for? I thought it's no problem nowadays to get the DIN Connectors also in the US. Or do you have one of the older models?
On the first photo the 'MK2' I was talking about the third from the left, it has small holes.
Anyway, for you I guess I would have quite sure an appropriate DIN connector......

Are the DIN connectors on those MK2s 200 or 300 bar? I would like to find a 200 bar DIN connector for my MK2.

Great job on those regs! But I might be missing something. On your first photo the Mk2 looks like it has big ambient chamber holes, and in the last photo I see really small ones. It must be a different one?
It's anyway a bit complicated with the vintage MK2 DIN Connectors.
On the first photo one can see clearly the difference between the MK2 of the 3rd
generation (in the back right) in INT and DIN, just one screw with the o-ring.
The old SPEC Cap MK2s have different connector screws in different sized holes and threads.
In front two 'MK2 Clones', the right one has the same connector screw as the one behind, the left the same as the one behind on the left.
So to get you the correct DIN Connector, I might have to know which Vintage Model you have........
P1070323.JPG
P1070326.JPG
P1070327.JPG
P1070328.JPG
P1070329.JPG
P1070330.JPG
P1070333.JPG

And if you should have one of those INT connectors of the 2nd and third generation, the only solution for a DIN Connector might be this......
P1070334.JPG

P1070338.JPG

It's anyway a bit complicated with the vintage MK2 DIN Connectors.
On the first photo one can see clearly the difference between the MK2 of the 3rd
generation (in the back right) in INT and DIN, just one screw with the o-ring.
The old SPEC Cap MK2s have different connector screws in different sized holes and threads.
In front two 'MK2 Clones', the right one has the same connector screw as the one behind, the left the same as the one behind on the left.
So to get you the correct DIN Connector, I might have to know which Vintage Model you have........
View attachment 640487 View attachment 640488 View attachment 640489 View attachment 640490 View attachment 640491 View attachment 640492 View attachment 640493
And if you should have one of those INT connectors of the 2nd and third generation, the only solution for a DIN Connector might be this......
View attachment 640495
View attachment 640498
Is that a Sherwood-type DIN in the last pic? I have an MK3 with same connection and was wondering if that would work.

Wow, look at all those MK2s! That's really something to see. My MK2 is a modern one, less than 20 years old. It takes the universal retainer (I think).

I slapped a “Sherwood” DIN I dug up in the parts box on my MK3 and thought “this doesn’t look right”. Then I counted the threads, there are 9 not 7! Maybe it’s a whip fitting? Works but not compact at all, lol.
upload_2021-2-5_18-13-50.jpeg
upload_2021-2-5_18-13-50.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom