MKII with SPEC Cap - R190 1st generation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I slapped a “Sherwood” DIN I dug up in the parts box on my MK3 and thought “this doesn’t look right”. Then I counted the threads, there are 9 not 7! Maybe it’s a whip fitting? Works but not compact at all, lol. View attachment 640506View attachment 640507
I guess it's this is what you would like to use:
P1070342.JPG

P1070340.JPG
Once I had another one, unfortunately I sold it cheap.
Maybe it's a man thing, but I really like the curvy designs of the early SP regs, this is why I like this MK3 cap.
If it is like for me not only about the smallness of the 1st, but also about the cool look, I can give you maybe hope to get a DIN MK3 by telling you a little 'secret'.
You can put any MK3 cap, spring and piston on any MK2 body (maybe not the MK2 EVO, can't check that for the moment) and it will work technically perfect.
P1070351.JPG

Only the 1st on the right is a MK2, the others are now MK3s, stable IP.
Of course will the performance deteriorate in comparison with MK2s ( quite bad balancing and high IP drop under flow), but should be definitely good enough for a Deco Bottle.....
Talking about small 1sts, how about these ones, small and cool:
P1070356.JPG

MK1s.....Just one LP Port, but how many you need on a Deco Bottle? If you should need more, use a MK7 adapter.
Also here something most don't know.
You can screw any MK1 cap on any MK5 body and it works flawlessly. That probably opens some perspectives and might make MK1s a bit more expensive in the bay when one can put a nice cap on a MK5 body wit two 7/16 HP ports instead of a body with one 3/8 HP port.
Okay, stays still the problem with the original MK5 DIN Connectors, they are easier to find here in Europe.
P1070361.JPG

Anyway, I mentioned already that I like the curvy design of the SP Vintage regs?:)

Attachments

• P1070352.JPG
    P1070352.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 52
I guess it's this is what you would like to use:
View attachment 640660
View attachment 640661 Once I had another one, unfortunately I sold it cheap.
Maybe it's a man thing, but I really like the curvy designs of the early SP regs, this is why I like this MK3 cap.
If it is like for me not only about the smallness of the 1st, but also about the cool look, I can give you maybe hope to get a DIN MK3 by telling you a little 'secret'.
You can put any MK3 cap, spring and piston on any MK2 body (maybe not the MK2 EVO, can't check that for the moment) and it will work technically perfect.
View attachment 640662
Only the 1st on the right is a MK2, the others are now MK3s, stable IP.
Of course will the performance deteriorate in comparison with MK2s ( quite bad balancing and high IP drop under flow), but should be definitely good enough for a Deco Bottle.....
Talking about small 1sts, how about these ones, small and cool:
View attachment 640675
MK1s.....Just one LP Port, but how many you need on a Deco Bottle? If you should need more, use a MK7 adapter.
Also here something most don't know.
You can screw any MK1 cap on any MK5 body and it works flawlessly. That probably opens some perspectives and might make MK1s a bit more expensive in the bay when one can put a nice cap on a MK5 body wit two 7/16 HP ports instead of a body with one 3/8 HP port.
Okay, stays still the problem with the original MK5 DIN Connectors, they are easier to find here in Europe.
View attachment 640677
Anyway, I mentioned already that I like the curvy design of the SP Vintage regs?:)
Thank you, very educational. Beautiful collection you have there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom