MK25?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get an IP gauge. Inspect them often. Service when you see a problem. Buy a back-up set with some of the savings.

Flushing is not sufficient unless you service often. Soak for 6+ hours after a SW trip.

I have similar thought. Can you suggest a small IP gauge to get? I'm thinking of installing one permanently in one of the LP ports. I think I have 2 LP ports available in my MK25, one facing the back of my neck & the other is at the bottom. May be I can install the IP to the bottom LP port with a short (6") hose, if the IP gauge can't be installed directly onto the LP port.

Thanks.
Dan

I am not aware of a waterproof IP gauge, nor do I see the value of one permanently installed....

The orifices on every single G250 I've bought have been toast, how do they get damaged? Is it sloppy servicing or just happens with age?

There is no reason to permenantly attach an IP gauge to your rig. The gauge is useful in diagnosing conditions which may lead to problems if not dealt with. When a problem actually occurs, you will not need a gauge to detect it. My first IP gauge was an auto mechanic compression gaugevwith an NPT to LP hose adapter. Plenty of 0 - 200 or 0 - 300 psi gauges on eBay for under $20.

You didn't really go and wave the liability flag now, did you!!!! Are you looking for a job in an LDS?

Yeah, I'm ready for a career change. I think I'd make an excellent dive shop salesman. I'll get those brand new OW grads springing for titanium regs, expensive jacket BCs, and wireless AI computers with heart rate monitors in no time. After all, aren't their lives worth it?

Yeah, I'm ready for a career change. I think I'd make an excellent dive shop salesman. I'll get those brand new OW grads springing for titanium regs, expensive jacket BCs, and wireless AI computers with heart rate monitors in no time. After all, aren't their lives worth it?

you aren't quite there yet, you didn't use the "golden" words - LIFE SUPPORT. you were close, but not 100%....

The orifices on every single G250 I've bought have been toast, how do they get damaged? Is it sloppy servicing or just happens with age?

I have no idea. I have had a couple on really old regs lose some of their chrome on the edge, so I just lap sanded them with some micromesh and it worked great. It's just brass. The plastic ones I have very little experience with, thankfully.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom