Mk25 with s600 or g260

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Time for a new regulator. Im pretty set on scubapro for my next set. Considering the mk25evo first stage with either the s600 or g260. Both are about the same price, features, specs, etc. It seems like the key things are the G260 is more tech/cave friendly with being reversible from either side. The s600 seems smaller and more compact, helping with jaw fatigue (i guess, i dont get it much). Anything else I'm missing? Any inputs from divers with these regs? I feel the difference in preformance is pretty marginal where the average diver wouldn't notice a difference, true?

G260 has nice seat saver button
Metal barrel on g260 (but there are different iterations of the s600 with both metal and plastic)
Micro adjust on g260 allows stretching the tuning a bit (but s600 can be upgraded to something similar — not sure, any s600 knowledgeable ppl out there?)
Performance of both are very „equal“ for the avg diver to sense as @rsingler showed in his indepth session „reg geeks 2/3“ (YouTube)

I mainly dive the g260s for my main/bottom sidemount gas so you can see my bias — I just purchased a s600 used but haven’t tuned/used it yet, so can’t say much there beyond some specs

Can't help you with the versus-part sadly since i've never used a S600 myself. But friends do (with Mk17) and they are satisfied with it as far as i know.

That being said, i have multiple Mk25, Mk25 EVO, G250 and G260. The Mk25 EVO with G260 has been my go-to regulator for about ten years now. I've dragged them across boats, they've fallen into muddy sediment in lakes, fresh water, salt water, heat in the tropical sun, freezing temperatures in the german and austrian winter: They just work. Indestructible. I love them.

Also easy to service and tune for both first and second stages if you want to do that.

helping with jaw fatigue (i guess, i dont get it much).

Whats with this man the reg just hangs from behind your teeth and from the back of your lips man

Back
Top Bottom