Mk25,S600 black tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hisham saeed

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i just bought a brand new sp mk 25,s600 black tech , & when inhaling under water I hear a whistle &
It drives me crazy
Sometimes it goes when I increase the air flow ,
I thought the noise / whistle is due the reg was new & old model
But the sound still exists & funny thing my buddy was able to hear it under water

Anyone faced this before ? Is this normal ?
Want to get your thoughts before taking it back to the shop

Regards
Hisham

Congrats on the reg.

Is the whistle coming from the first or second stage? Normally the whistle sound comes from the first stage that doesn't have enough lubricant or the lube has dried out.

If it is the first stage take it into a Scubapro dealer and ask them to pull the first stage apart and add lubricate to the bushing system. They should know what to do.

It'll almost certainly be the first stage, it's not an uncommon occurrence. The piston stem O ring needs lube, I've heard that flipping the spring sometimes solves the issue as well. Sometimes after a few dives the whistle stops. If not take it back and get them to fix it. I've had 2 that have done this from new, I found it annoying as hell. The good news is it poses no threat just irritating. Good luck.

Gave sp dealer a call today , & they will check the reg ,whether to add more lubericant or change the pushing , then they will test the air flow , if problem still exists , reg will be replaced

Hisham

I have heard it on different MK25's.
Somtimes its there but most of the time its not

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom