Mk25 evo -- mk19 evo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the MK19 EVO and I moved it to my side mount cylinder. For single tank diving I like the MK17 EVO. It has nothing to do with the moving part. I like the size and hose routing of the MK17 EVO better than the MK19 EVO for single tank configurations.
I haven't done it yet but I want to get a shorty 6" HP hose for my transmitter and would like to secure it to the long hose on that side to keep it from being floppy. At least in pictures, it appears those two hoses would be closer together on the MK17 and it may work better. And actually not having the turret may help keep them more consistently secured together.

How do they breathe? The MK19 or MK18 or MK25?
If you would write about 2nds, I would understand.
But 1sts just deliver the more or less (un)balanced and (un)stable IP for your 2nds, from which you breathe.
I think you are mixing something up.
It's not very probable ( but possible in cases of balanced or unbalanced 1sts) that you could practically evaluate any 1st stage by breathing from your 2nd.
You would need at least an IP meter ( or Flow Bench) or extreme dive profiles or situations.
To me the 2nds are basically the key for the evaluation of 'breathing'.
But maybe I miss there something in my English concerning 'breathing'.

How do they breathe? The MK19 or MK18 or MK25?
If you would write about 2nds, I would understand.
But 1sts just deliver the more or less (un)balanced and (un)stable IP for your 2nds, from which you breathe.
I think you are mixing something up.
It's not very probable ( but possible in cases of balanced or unbalanced 1sts) that you could practically evaluate any 1st stage by breathing from your 2nd.
You would need at least an IP meter ( or Flow Bench) or extreme dive profiles or situations.
To me the 2nds are basically the key for the evaluation of 'breathing'.
But maybe I miss there something in my English concerning 'breathing'.
This, like axxel said you will not be able to tell the difference between these first stages. How well they breath will be determined by the second stage (balanced or not) even an unbalanced second will breath the same on these 2 as they are both balanced and pretty great.

Even my D400 breathes better on an mk2 detuned to 125psi than g260 on an MK25 so the second stage contributes into the ease of breathing way more than the first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom