Question MK2 Din Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have an older MK2 that I'd like to convert from yoke to din. I see the conversion kit for sp sold readily online but I don't see that it lists the MK2 as one that it will work with. (Din Conversion Kit Universal (MK10, MK14, MK16, MK17, MK18, MK20, MK25)

Is there a less expensive one available that will work?

And lastly, does anyone know the torque specs?

I'm sorry if this is common knowledge, I only have this 1 SP regulator. I really don't know their lineup all that well at all.

20210505_060606.jpg

I do not own an old MK2. However, I did install the inexpensive original Scubapro Universal DIN Conversion Kit on many of my regs, including some which are NOT listed in the official list of compatible regs. My understanding is that these parts are truly quite "universal"...
However, here you can download a document showing which were at the time the specific (not universal) kits available for old SP regs: http://www.angelofarina.it/Public/Scubapro/Scubapro-DIN-Adaptors-1997.pdf

PS: the MK2 in your photo does not look "old" to me, that is the "modern" one, with plastic knob and protective cap. The "old" is this one:
40041053_2163327873944656_1642082609917853696_n-jpg.476500

As you see, these have been converted to DIN mounting an all-metal DIN adaptor kit. These all-metal adaptor kits are manufactured by Trident - the MK2 requires Trident model A194.
I own two trident adaptors mod. A166, and I could sell them for very cheap, but I think they do not work with the MK2.

PS: the MK2 in your photo does not look "old" to me, that is the "modern" one, with plastic knob and protective cap. The "old" is this one:

As you see, these have been converted to DIN mounting an all-metal DIN adaptor kit. These all-metal adaptor kits are manufactured by Trident - the MK2 requires Trident model A194.
I own two trident adaptors mod. A166, and I could sell them for very cheap, but I think they do not work with the MK2.

Thanks. Yeah, no idea how old it is.

I'm hoping someone comes along and say X, Y, Z will all work fine. Heck I don't even need it to say Scubapro as long as it works.

just checked the drawings for your "not so old" MK2 - I am sure at 99% that the Universal Scubapro DIN kit will work perfectly, using the larger O-ring after the threads (not the smaller one to be placed on top).
Here this cheap kit on Amazon. You can order it, and if it does not work, you ship it back for full refund...
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Scubapro-Din-Conversion-Kit-Universal/dp/B0000DYVG3

Yes, the Universal Kit works, just uses a different o-ring in a different location than with the other models. The instructions, IIRC address it.

Without trying to go too much off topic these are original scubapro din-wheels and they were sold like this for the German market. These were never INT. Trident does in fact sell a copy of the original 200 bar scubapro design.

Op needs the new generation modern din conversion kit, it should work without issues.

Be careful: scubapro now sell a cheaper version of the original din conversion kit and it's not as fancy looking anymore, but they still charge the same premium price for it.

What they sell now is basically the cheap italian made common din conversion kit you used to find everywhere.
so this (without sp logo)
1642510111449.png

instead of
1642510129195.png

Yes, the Universal Kit works, just uses a different o-ring in a different location than with the other models. The instructions, IIRC address it.

Does the kit come with everything I need?

And here's one on ebay for less... should I grab it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom