Question MK2 Din Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without trying to go too much off topic these are original scubapro din-wheels and they were sold like this for the German market. These were never INT. Trident does in fact sell a copy of the original 200 bar scubapro design.

Op needs the new generation modern din conversion kit, it should work without issues.

Be careful: scubapro now sell a cheaper version of the original din conversion kit and it's not as fancy looking anymore, but they still charge the same premium price for it.

What they sell now is basically the cheap italian made common din conversion kit you used to find everywhere.
so this (without sp logo)
View attachment 701344
instead of
View attachment 701345

I'm ok with it not saying sp on it.. great information though

Does the kit come with everything I need?

And here's one on ebay for less... should I grab it?

Important sidenote: the one on your ebay-link does not have the o-ring needed to seal the mk2, the mk2 doesn't seal on the bottom like the mk10 for example. And for 'like new' the allen key socket is kinda beat up in my opinion.

As Rhwestfall mentioned: just get the scubapro conversion kit so you're sure you won't have thread size issues. I'm sure if you measured the exact thread you could find all kinds of fitting din-conversions from aqualung to cressi. The mk2 is the most copied regulator ever made, so yeah it makes sense.

but is it worth the extra hassle for the 10 euros you'll be saving?

Get the general scubapro kit and you get two o-rings, the website doesn't matter, just choose the cheapest and it'll work without issues.

RE: Dive Rite:

likely the thread size/pitch... Just get the SP and be done with it...

I had linked the wrong page, I changed it pretty quick but you obviously already saw it:)

eBay: $13.70 shipping? And as said, missing the o-ring to make it work with the MK-2...

$13.70 shipping?

I'll just get the sp one from Amazon. I don't feel like having to find an o ring.

On a side note, with items like that on ebay I'll reach out to the seller and usually work out something better than what they're offering... like $25 or $30 shipped. If it doesn't sell they usually go for it.

I suggest you buy the new model, with the "square" knob. Model 10.045.030.
I am in Italy and this is what is currently being manufactured and sold here (By Scubapro Italy).
It is NOT expensive, less than 40 euro.
On many web sites you see the older model, with round knob, and WITHOUT THE O-RING groove. This does not work on the MK2...
What is important is that there is the groove AFTER the threads, it is where the (larger) O-ring for the MK2 goes.
See here:
kit-din-scubapro.jpg

I suggest you buy the new model, with the "square" knob. Model 10.045.030.
I am in Italy and this is what is currently being manufactured and sold here (By Scubapro Italy).
It is NOT expensive, less than 40 euro.
On many web sites you see the older model, with round knob, and WITHOUT THE O-RING groove. This does not work on the MK2...
What is important is that there is the groove AFTER the threads, it is where the (larger) O-ring for the MK2 goes.
See here:
kit-din-scubapro.jpg

Yes Sir, you guys convinced me. Amazon sp newer model it is!

This is why I come here... you guys rock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom