Question MK2 Din Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

P.S. - it will come with the torque spec on the package.
That is a very optimistic statement: assuming the man's gonna use a torque wrench :)
1642511899328.png

That is a very optimistic statement: assuming the man's gonna use a torque wrench :)
View attachment 701347

I have a torque wrench just for regulator rebuilds. I can always feel for it. My others are 150ft inch/lbs, but it's nice to have the right #.

My other regs only have 3 parts that even require torque specs, I would assume that this sp is not really all that different

Edit: inch lbs, NOT ft

They have you on the right part already, one thing, the unit will come assembled but you have to remove the center part with the small hex key that you use for port plugs, remove the filter and spring to get to the larger hex used to tighten it.

They have you on the right part already, one thing, the unit will come assembled but you have to remove the center part with the small hex key that you use for port plugs, remove the filter and spring to get to the larger hex used to tighten it.
One from each end... The same way you take it apart if/when the whole unit comes loose from someone twisting it on the tank valve under pressure...

Is that just a normal 3/4" nut?

One from each end... The same way you take it apart if/when the whole unit comes loose from someone twisting it on the tank valve under pressure...

You're saying an allen from each end?

View attachment 701356
The small Allen from this end. You can hold it from the other (reg) end if this small part is tight, with the larger Allen

I 100% understand that. On my D6 regs I grab the back with a 3/4" socket to be able to loosen that part. The 3/4" fitting is 230ft/lbs and the allen screw is 150ft/lbs.

This is where my knowledge comes from, which is maybe why I have it wrong. Maybe I don't need to grab the nut, and maybe this would all make a lot more sense with the past in hand.

I 100% understand that. On my D6 regs I grab the back with a 3/4" socket to be able to loosen that part. The 3/4" fitting is 230ft/lbs and the allen screw is 150ft/lbs.

This is where my knowledge comes from, which is maybe why I have it wrong. Maybe I don't need to grab the nut, and maybe this would all make a lot more sense with the past in hand.
You’ll understand with the part in hand, only Allen wrenches needed With this. You may want to check the torque specs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom