MK15.5 on ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caveseeker7:
Yo Joey!

IMHO ! [snip]
Around here that stands for In My Humble Opinion, not I'm a ho! :wink:

Damn - that explains a great deal of misunderstandings :D:D

I admit for a loooonnnnggg time I thought LOL meant 'lots of love' :D

DrMike:
I admit for a loooonnnnggg time I thought LOL meant 'lots of love' :D
LOL !
You never know. I did, too, when my last girlfriend wrote it. She must have ment 'left outta loop'. :11:
What does 'IIRC' stand for ? Haven't figured that one out yet ... .

caveseeker7:
What does 'IIRC' stand for ? Haven't figured that one out yet ... .

Oh-Oh I know that one!! [shoving hand in the air]

If I Recall Correctly :D

[man I feel old - this is a whole new language]

ATB!
Mike :D

caveseeker7:
Yo Joey!

IMHO ! I know you're from New York, so let me make sure:
Around here that stands for In My Humble Opinion, not I'm a ho! :wink:

She might well disagree with it, but I'm not sure she would debate it (again). I said the 15.5 is the most desirable for many, not for all, not the best.
While not her preference, I'm sure she's aware the 15.5 is the most desired unit by many people.

Again, I said I consider, not that SMI'electronics are the best. Just my opinion again. :wink:

The HH has plenty of options, but some stuff I miss.
As Mike pointed out, you can only have a HUD without the analog needle gauge. I really want to have both.

The SMI electronics have a physical power switch that eliminates stray currents from the electronics feeding back to the sensors, which is a perfect combination for the cell-powered secondary.

The SMI electronics track and validate cell performance.
Yes, yes, yes, I know you don't belive that is possible. But if you have a look at the Evo's new manual on page 64, Section 7.9 titled Cell Validation, you'll see that even your Inspiration Buddy Martin has figured it out(though implemented differently - the Evo runs the solenoid on a single cell, the SM1600/Prism doesn't, it's run manually/monitored on one cell).

As I don't know how the MK version of the HH is wired into the MK series I don't know if the primary and secondary are completely independent. I prefer that, it ties in with the battery switch described above, and Mike's big black baby has it.

Kevin ran me through it at DEMA, but briefly and on an assembled rig, so I don't remember it all that well.

In my opinion it needs to have independent O2 monitoring and the rest of the items I described above.
Everything additional I don't need, but if well implemented would be appriciated. There better be something extra as the price Kevin mentioned last year was about 50% higher than Prism, BI et al.

What I do remeber is that it is one large piece of equipment. Makes your custom rig look like a Biaffra breather ... .

I was suprised to see all four cells inline, common wisdom seems not to do that. I wonder about the reasoning behind it.
I don't belive that what they mean when they say the sensors should be linear. :wink:
Actually, the 4th cell suprised me, too, IMHO an integrated computer should run off the three cells that maintain the setpoint.

What do you like about the Ouroboros? It doesn't even have a yellow cover?

Is that 8000 US Dollar, 8000 British Pound, or 8000 lbs of dollars ? :D

your right about christina, she wouldn't debate you she'd probably just tell you you were wrong... End of Story..

its 8000 british pounds.. The overall size depends on which scrubber you get. If I remember correctly he has the huge scrubber in DEMA, (10+ hours), at zero g he had the 6 hour scrubber, much lower profile.

The effective profile isn;t that bad, its pretty close to an inspiration or prism since no space is used on your chest my the counterlungs..

The gas path on the sensors keeps them pretty dry and he set it up to trap ater away from the sensors.

Kevin Gurr's secondary is 3 digital VOMs that are highly isolated from the primary. He uses high output cells. The digital secondary lets you see all 3 cells at the same time and the batteries should last over a year so you get reliability and accuracy at the same time. This is independent from the heads up display.

The 4th cell is for an extrenal monitor (not necessarily oxygen), the integrated stuff uses the 3 cells..

I know the way the Evo is going to track cell performance, its still no better than keeping good records.

padiscubapro:
its 8000 british pounds..
That's one tough price range to sell rebreathers.

If I remember correctly he has the huge scrubber in DEMA, (10+ hours), at zero g he had the 6 hour scrubber, much lower profile.
Oh yeah, he had the big cannister at the show.
The drum in my washer has less volume ... . :wink:
Would be nice to see them side-by-side.

I know the way the Evo is going to track cell performance, its still no better than keeping good records.
No better than keeping good records, that I agree.
But certainly better than voting out a good cell and instead of two bad (low) ones and sending your pO2 through the roof.

Important is that the diver will be alerted to the situation and can backcheck the electronics with a dil flush.

DrMike:
Im going to ask Pawel what he thinks :D
P A W E L .... :11: .... that's a cruel threat, Mike!
Don't even kid about that ... somebody get me a rope ... .

Although his thought are simple:
You should have bought a Castoro in the first place! :D

Or at least an Azimuth, which both are, as we now know, the very best rebreathers around until the Nemesis is released!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom