Mk10 creep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what mine looks like not sure if it make a difference. Your knife edge looks perfect.
I'll pack it up.
Regarding the step vs. straight stem.... I just did some research, and the newer version is the stepped piston shaft (yours), but the consensus on another forum was that it isn't a big deal as long as you maintain your gear. Short version, SP had some instances of the straight stem piston digging into the old style flat HP seat and getting stuck. The step is meant to limit travel, but the newer concave seats obviate the issue... as does periodic (annual-ish) checking of the HP seat.

Respectfully,

James

In case anyone else is working on MK5s.... I now have the rest of one as spare parts! (2 port swivel)!

Stuff like that happens when a shop pooches a service on someone's gear, they quick scavenge a part, and then forget to follow up with getting the part again... It is set aside to not be sold until fixed, and is lost. So is the history...
I could see that happening, so mine was a donor. Unbelievable

I'll pack it up.
Regarding the step vs. straight stem.... I just did some research, and the newer version is the stepped piston shaft (yours), but the consensus on another forum was that it isn't a big deal as long as you maintain your gear. Short version, SP had some instances of the straight stem piston digging into the old style flat HP seat and getting stuck. The step is meant to limit travel, but the newer concave seats obviate the issue... as does periodic (annual-ish) checking of the HP seat.

Respectfully,

James
Perfect thank you. Let me know how much money to send you.

@Open Ocean Diver
Please consider sending your piston to @rsingler . I'm sure the Mad Kind Doctor would love to operate on it and give us another fine primer.

You could probably get that nick out, the piston would be a bit shorter meaning IP would be a bit higher. The idea of grabbing a piston from another MK5 or 7 is a good one. I have a MK7 around somewhere I have never opened up. It's in a box somewhere (I recently moved) but if you get stuck, let me know.

You could probably get that nick out, the piston would be a bit shorter meaning IP would be a bit higher. The idea of grabbing a piston from another MK5 or 7 is a good one. I have a MK7 around somewhere I have never opened up. It's in a box somewhere (I recently moved) but if you get stuck, let me know.
Thanks, I will.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom