Mk10 creep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Received micro mesh but now after looking at the knife edge closer, I’m wondering if it’s actually repairable?

upload_2020-9-16_8-7-32.jpeg

Ouch! I think I'd now be piston shopping, or maybe an entire stage, with this one becoming a parts donor/ parts supply. Would be educational to try, but not being overly optimistic.

Yeah, it will be nothing newly made. Really old stock or spare parts scavenged from donor stages...

It’s probably doable. It’s a good reason to move on from the MK5 since MK25 can be found cheap, 20’s cheaper or for even less mk10’s and with the newer choices you get a lot more parts compatibility including the least expensive DIN conversions.

Received micro mesh but now after looking at the knife edge closer, I’m wondering if it’s actually repairable?

View attachment 612449

Considering the magnification used in the photo when compared to Rob's it might be worth a shot, especially now that you have a micro mesh kit. I would start with courser grit-probably 400.

upload_2020-9-16_8-7-32-jpeg.612449.jpg

Rob's MK7 piston

20140703_190755-1_2-jpg.534991.jpg

You likely can find a MK-5 as a donor that has the old turret, and thus justifies a dirt cheap price....

(I only now realized it was a MK-5 as a discussion - title was 10, and I missed the correction...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom