MK10 assembly question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations by the way.
Did you just get hitched? Congratulations.

Yes, somewhere in the later models, the MK10 swivel retainer part number changed from a 10-500-103 to a -104 and the retainer washer, while keeping the same part number (01-060-500), changed dimensions. These are the same part numbers found in my latest MK25 revision.

I think that is good news for us fumble fingered fellows who use white colanders to soak/clean/rinse/repeat regulator parts.

Last edited:
I’ve never had much success soaking things in a colander...
My mother used to make us kids eat cereal with a fork to conserve the milk.

@couv @rsingler How does this look ? I'd put them in the MK10 kits or sell separately for around $2.00

.507 id x .649 od x .025 Thick Delrin

@couv ,
Check me but I think Bryan's good to go:

Zero'ed toy
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

ID min .506, so .507 should be fine
IMG_20180323_152054151.jpg

OD max .654, so .649 should be fine
IMG_20180323_152043488.jpg

Thickness is only question.
IMG_20180323_152028142.jpg

Turret floats on the sandwich between the head of the bolt and the base of the washer land in the swivel cap. The washer is the bologna in the sandwich. The thinner the washer, the higher the float between swivel cap and turret. The depth of that gap is .037 in. With a .03" thick washer, the "wobble" of the turret is 7/1000".
With a .025" washer, the wobble is 12/1000". Big deal.
IMG_20180323_152017997.jpg

Perfect would be .030 to .035. But I think we're fine. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Well rats. You guys are making me put away my el cheapo digital caliper that rounds to the nearest .1mm or .01inch and break out the dial caliper. I don't have an open turret right now, but I don't think Rob's measurements are off and there won't be enough wear to make a difference. The washer is another matter. On the new washer I have, I'm getting 0.033 inches thickness. The difference between our measurement could be Rob is using an old washer where mine has never been in service-but that brings us up to eight thousands of an inch which might allow too much slop. As far as the material, I don't know enough about Delrin to make that call.

Finally, I am concerned that even if Bryan had 10 of these made, he would still have 5 of them left 10 years from now.

Well rats. You guys are making me put away my el cheapo digital caliper that rounds to the nearest .1mm or .01inch and break out the dial caliper. I don't have an open turret right now, but I don't think Rob's measurements are off and there won't be enough wear to make a difference. The washer is another matter. On the new washer I have, I'm getting 0.033 inches thickness. The difference between our measurement could be Rob is using an old washer where mine has never been in service-but that brings us up to eight thousands of an inch which might allow too much slop. As far as the material, I don't know enough about Delrin to make that call.

Finally, I am concerned that even if Bryan had 10 of these made, he would still have 5 of them left 10 years from now.
I'm going to leave this up to you two.....Delrin is the way to go but if you think it's a waste of time I've got other bottomless pits I can throw coin in :)

I guess my vote would be that if you could get that washer in 0.030-0.037" thickness, I think the Mk10 guys would love it.

If we had to stay with 0.025, I'd send 'em to their nearest SP dealer for a Mk25 washer, so there wouldn't be any "wobble anxiety". We all know it wouldn't make any difference, but that's what I'd recommend so they don't ever question your quality.

Whaddya think, couv?

Whaddya think, couv?

I agree. I say don't take the chance unless the vendor could make them at least 0.030 inches thick. They would probably work just fine, but the chance of having a dissatisfied customer due to "wobble anxiety" would be high.

Back
Top Bottom