MK10 assembly question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StefinSB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I am trying to put my first Mk10 together and got stuck screwing the Swivel retainer into the swivel cap. The schematic has a washer in between (part# 01-060-500) that I do seem to miss. Does anybody have the specs on that washer? I cant locate it on the VDH website.

I don't have swivel washers as there has never been a demand for them. If anyone locates a source for them that can be purchased in BULK at a reasonable cost I will be glad to add them to MK10 kits in the future.
I can have them made but my minimum order for specialty washers like that are 1000 pieces.

Hi, I am trying to put my first Mk10 together and got stuck screwing the Swivel retainer into the swivel cap. The schematic has a washer in between (part# 01-060-500) that I do seem to miss. Does anybody have the specs on that washer? I cant locate it on the VDH website.

Contact @lexvil I sent him a few IIRC.

I'll look into it. By "bulk" what quantity do you have in mind?

That's the gozillion dollar question. I get several emails a week from divers saying....If you had X, I would buy one for sure....Which is great but what do I do with the other 999 of them while they set on the shelf gathering dust?
It's similar to folks buying O-rings of a specialty size when they only need one....What do they do with the other 99 of them?
In an ideal world I can buy them cheap in bulk and simply add them to the service kit and not increase the price as a service to the end user. If I have to outlay capitol to make it happen I have no choice but to pass it along.
I source all my metric O-rings from Germany but I can't place an order for one size as the shipping will offset any potential profit no matter how slim it might be. So I wait till I need a lot of various sizes and spread the cost over the bulk of the order.

I have trouble believing that the washer is so special that McMaster Carr doesn't something that is close to it. So if somebody that has one laying around and could measure it that would be awesome.

To the OP, first of all check very carefully in the cavity where the washer is retained in the cap. I'm not going to tell you how I know that sometimes you can disassemble a MK10, clean it, start putting it back together and look all over for that washer and finally discover that it's been there all along.

If no joy, don't despair. With the exception of the MK5, all swivel turret SP regulators use the same turret retainer and washer. The washer has changed over the years from a wide flat unit to a thin one. Fortunately, the new ones are backwardly compatible.

To the OP, first of all check very carefully in the cavity where the washer is retained in the cap. I'm not going to tell you how I know that sometimes you can disassemble a MK10, clean it, start putting it back together and look all over for that washer and finally discover that it's been there all along.

If no joy, don't despair. With the exception of the MK5, all swivel turret SP regulators use the same turret retainer and washer. The washer has changed over the years from a wide flat unit to a thin one. Fortunately, the new ones are backwardly compatible.
No luck leaving it in unfortunately. That is great news, thanks @couv. Will see my friendly neighborhood scubapro dealer then and buy an expensive washer.

No luck leaving it in unfortunately. That is great news, thanks @couv. Will see my friendly neighborhood scubapro dealer then and buy an expensive washer.
Do you have the part #?

@OWIC647 ,
Washer is
16.5 mm OD
12.9 mm ID
0.75 mm thick
White/clear poly?

Scubapro PN 01.070.106

20180316_200623.jpg

Back
Top Bottom