MK10 assembly question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rsingler is fast on the draw. Unless SP has gone back to a wide washer, that is an original MK10 swivel retainer washer. The p/n I have is 01-0600-500 and the dimensions are approximately:
i.d. 14.3mm
o.d. 16.0mm
thickness 0.8mm

I say approximately because I measured the two I have out and they were up to .3mm difference in i.d. and o.d.
The material appears to be nylon.

This is the closest I can find at McMaster:
McMaster-Carr

However, you would still need to shave 0.10 inches off the o.d.

Last edited:
FWIW, lost one once, made a replacement out of a plastic bottle. Careful tracing and fiddly cutting with good scissors and a hole punch. It worked. :acclaim: It's a shim washer, not a miracle or sealing surface. Found the lost one a month later. :yeahbaby:

Yes, @lexvil , I agree on the part number. My error. What I gave you was the washer for the HP seat. Thanks!

Can't speak to @couv 's measurement differences. My washer fits the slot pretty tightly. Critical ID is turret hole, and that's 13 mm, so 14.3 would clearly work.

I'm sure nylon or Delrin would be fine.

Last edited:
just so every one knows there is an o ring mfg here in Ontario that has every size ive ever needed in 30 + years called able o ring in Toronto ......steve

Can't speak to @couv 's measurement differences. My washer fits the slot pretty tightly. Critical ID is turret hole, and that's 13 mm, so 14.3 would clearly work.

Good God man, do try to keep up. :) j/k
Our measurements are slightly different (my el-cheapo digital caliper not withstanding) because the washers are different. At some point, SP used a different design for the retainer washer. Note that the only radical difference in our measurements is the o.d. and that's because the wall is thinner on my washer.
swivel retainer washer.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom