MK10 assembly question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good God man, do try to keep up. :) j/k

My wife must be right. A little slow on the uptake. Thanks for using smaller words, couv. I get it now. :banghead:

wow that's cool bob .....

upload_2018-3-21_17-6-30.jpeg

Well done!

Good God man, do try to keep up. :) j/k
Our measurements are slightly different (my el-cheapo digital caliper not withstanding) because the washers are different. At some point, SP used a different design for the retainer washer. Note that the only radical difference in our measurements is the o.d. and that's because the wall is thinner on my washer.
View attachment 450827

So which size are we going with? Or does it make a difference? Might be a nice addition to the MK10 service kits if I can get it done inexpensively.

So which size are we going with? Or does it make a difference? Might be a nice addition to the MK10 service kits if I can get it done inexpensively.

Hi Bryan,

Generally speaking this washer is not a common service item, so your demand for them might not be worth the investment. However, I'm willing to send you one of the two spare I have if that will help you find out if it makes economic sense. One encouraging thing is that these washers are in all SP swivel turret first stages except the MK5 which uses a different size. (It's larger and more difficult to lose.)

Hi Bryan,

Generally speaking this washer is not a common service item, so your demand for them might not be worth the investment. However, I'm willing to send you one of the two spare I have if that will help you find out if it makes economic sense. One encouraging thing is that these washers are in all SP swivel turret first stages except the MK5 which uses a different size. (It's larger and more difficult to lose.)
I already get a ton of grief for what I charge for the service kit so I was hoping to add value to the customer.....We have discussed this after dinner many times at SCC.... :)

Thanks, Bryan.
Since its just a load bearer, I would guess that any OD less than 16.9 mm will work. Any ID greater than 13 mm will work. The only critical dimension is being close to and not greater than 0.8 mm to avoid turret binding when the turret bolt goes to 35-70 in-lb (brass or SS). Narrow or wide shouldn't matter if it drops into the land.

As for material, PTFE might be best, but you'd know better than I. Nylon was a bad thought on my part due to possible expansion when wet.

@couv , you wanna cross check my measurements of the land in the turret?

One encouraging thing is that these washers are in all SP swivel turret first stages except the MK5 which uses a different size.

So the Mk25 turret washer is downward compatible? That would explain the thin wall. Guess I'll have to go checking part numbers.

Back
Top Bottom