Mitchell's Scuba College Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water Baby

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the quality of NAUI certs received from Mitchell's Scuba College in San Bruno?

Wayne D. Mitchell is the NAUI certified instructor there. The website makes it seem like it's both a good class and a good deal. Anyone have any personal experience to relate?

Thanks!

:)

I met Mitch in Maui about 5 or 6 years ago we where staying in the same resort. I struck up a conversation with him at the pool and we soon discovered we had some common interest both of us where from the Bay Area and we where both diving on that trip solo. Mitch’s wife Kay would dive the easy stuff but prefereaed not to dive at all. My wife wants no part of the underwater world, snorkeling is her limit. It wasn’t long and we had plans to make a few dives together the next morning. He is an excellent diver we did about 6 or 8 beach dives together one was 5 Graves it’s like entering a toilet bowl but once you get pass the break it is a great dive. At that time he was with the San Francisco Fire Department and was in involved with the rescue diver’s I do believe he was an instructor for them at that time. He also was doing Mitch’s Scuba Collage at that time and planed to do it full time when he retired. I have been in touch with him a few times since that trip to pick his brain about a few diving related questions like where is a good place to get your equipment serviced? Who to use to get tanks 02 cleaned. He did provide me with a some excellent resources since that time I have got to know some of these folks pretty well they all speak very highly of him. I would use him in heartbeat for instruction hope this helps you.

Thanks so very much, that actually helps a lot!

It sounds like he is a very experienced diver and a great person to learn from. My husband and I are basically convinced. I'm going to give him a call here soon so we can schedule our OW certs. :D

Thanks again!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom