Missed deco stop, lock out?

If you miss a deco stop and surface, will your dive computer lock you out?

• I don't know

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 53 36.6%
  • No, if no, please list the brand, and model, if relevant, below

Votes: 85 58.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I responding to my post specifically...

Love it. Ya my Shearwater will let me know I just did something stupid. But go ahead and dive on.

:deadhorse:

yes, SW has confirmed no matter how stupid you can get, including surfacing with a [major] deco obligation, it will merrily keep on keeping on and even let you dive some more....

I bent a suunto vyper like a pretzel in Scapa Flow last year on dive 2. It sat in gauge mode for the rest of week reading "Err" on the screen. I was only using it as a BT anyway, but I wanted to see how quickly I could bend it...

That's why I love tables... LOL.. But my veo3 has never locked up on me.. I also have never missed acalled for Deco stop...

Jim...
So when you skip deco on the tables can you continue to use them? What group does that put you in?

Group W. (They have a special bench for you to sit on when you do that.)
Essentially the tables lock you out when you skip deco because the answer can no longer be calculated.

Shearwater. As mentioned, that is an advertised feature.
Maybe you want to grab a fresh tank and head back for a little in water recompression?

Shearwater Perdix (main computer) - no lockout
Aeris 100 (backup computer) - yes...lock out for 24 hours

Shearwater Perdix AI. Same as above.

I read the available online manuals (or PDFs) of a great number of dive computers, and it was one of a long list of reasons why I bought specifically that computer.

Quite frankly, I even sometimes wonder why these other computers even bother to exist at all . :gas:

I prefer to have the choice and to be able to think by myself, instead of having a computer telling me how to think and act.

:)

Years ago I owned a Suunto Cobra that would lock you out for 48 hours.

I was once doing a deco dive using just bottom timers and tables, but my buddy wanted to bring along a new Suunto HelO2 to see what it would do. He tried to make the settings as close to the algorithm we were using (V-Planner) as possible. Following V-Planner, we ascended to a stop sooner than the computer wanted us to. It gave us a few minutes to get back down (we didn't), and it locked up for 48 hours.

I believe all Suuntos will do that.

Shearwater Perdix AI. Same as above.

I read the available online manuals (or PDFs) of a great number of dive computers, and it was one of a long list of reasons why I bought specifically that computer.

Quite frankly, I even sometimes wonder why these other computers even bother to exist at all . :gas:

I prefer to have the choice and to be able to think by myself, instead of having a computer telling me how to think and act.

:)
I am very thankful for my computer telling me how to act underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom