Missed deco stop, lock out?

If you miss a deco stop and surface, will your dive computer lock you out?

• I don't know

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 53 36.6%
  • No, if no, please list the brand, and model, if relevant, below

Votes: 85 58.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
To expand on a recent thread discussing "light deco", I would like to know if your computer locks you out, in violation gauge mode, for a period of time, if you miss a deco stop and surface.

I dive an Oceanic VT3 as my primary computer and either an Oceanic Geo 2 or a Dive Rite Nitek Q as backup. All 3 computers would lock me out for a deco violation, my answer to the poll is simply, yes.

Many of us know that Shearwater computers do not lock you out following a deco violation. I'm interested if there are other computers that do not lock you out.

Thanks, Craig

My Cressi Leo locks you out for 24hrs

The Aeris Mantas that Sue and Kim dive would lock them out for 24 hours, if they were so foolish as to omit mandatory deco.
I use Petrel 2s, so no lockout.

I would like to know if your computer locks you out, in violation gauge mode, for a period of time, if you miss a deco stop and surface.
Yes, for 24 hours, also in case of uncontrolled ascent.
Computer: Mares Puck Wrist.

Are you sure in fact that S/W doesn't [eventually] lock out? I am aware that both S/W and Cochran will recalculate on the fly a solution if you miss a stop (or two or three....), always providing a solution, but I am uncertain if S/W will "lock out" if you actually blow it all off and surface (permanently).

To be honest, I would rather not be in a position to actually find out....... (though I need to re-read my manuals)

I have locked out a Mares Puck that was in my pocket when my Cochran was okay with what I was doing....

No. Shearwater petrel. This feature is part of the sales shpeal. I'm pretty sure that goes for every computer ever made by Shearwater.

I also have a scubapro galileo that I think will lock you out, although I've never missed a deco stop with any computer so I can't say for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom